1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Needs More Info] Shield of Crystal Availability Casting Status Not Updating

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills & Magic' started by Traveller13, Feb 11, 2023.

1. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

02/10/2023 21:59
    Title: Shield of Crystal Availability Casting Status Not Updating
    Reproduction Rate: Has happened twice so far, bug of opportunity
    Blocker? No
    Details: Twice now I've entered a scene without one of the reagents needed to cast Shield of Crystal. In this case, Spindelskog was the scene and spider silk was the reagent. I got some spider silk from the spiders at the opening of the scene. Shield of Crystal was still greyed out and I could not cast it, even though I had the required reagents. See screen shot. It did switch 'on' after I defeated one of the Purple People Eater spiders in the scene.
    Steps to Reproduce: Enter a scene without one of the reagents needed to cast Shield of Crystal. Acquire reagent in scene. It was spider silk in this case. The other time it was mandrake root and I acquired it in Tanglemire.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz (20) System RAM: 32661
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti GPU RAM: 12100
    SotA.Win.64.1631.Date.02.10.23
    Area: Mistrendur_R1_Spindelskog/Normal
    Area Display Name: Spindelskog (Normal)
    Loc: (-174.8, 214.4, 196.5)
    Debug: TWlzdHJlbmR1cl9SMV9TcGluZGVsc2tvZ3xOb3JtYWx8KC0xNzQuODI3LCAyMTQuMzg2LCAxOTYuNTIpfCgwLCAtMC43NTksIDAsIC0wLjY1MSl8OTguNzUwMjF8MTB8OS40NTM5Mjg=

[​IMG]

2. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Have you seen this in any other scenes besides Spindleskog?

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I am able to replicate this as well. I have an unlocked bag in the player inventory named reagents. I removed all sider silk from the bag, and have none at all on me. I enter the scene North Midmaer Way. I bring up my combat bar that has the Shield of Crystal glyph in the bar, and it shows grey (un-usable). I then found a Small Brown Spider and killed it. I then skinned it and received 1 Spider Silk. I then check the combat bar for the Shield of Crystal glyph, it still displays un-usable, yet I do have 1 spider silk in inventory:
    [​IMG]
    02/12/2023 08:46
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8072
    Area: Novia_R3_Forest01_Road
    Area Display Name: North Midmaer Way
    Loc: (-5.3, 43.1, -164.5)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfRm9yZXN0MDFfUm9hZHx8KC01LjM0MiwgNDMuMTQsIC0xNjQuNTIzKXwoMCwgLTAuNDA1LCAwLCAwLjkxNCl8Mjg2LjQwODd8MzMuNzM2MTR8MTcuOTk5OTg=

Echondas likes this.
  4. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Do you perhaps have items on you that raise the reagent use like the Wizards Chain or what it´s named so that 1 spidersilk would not be enough?

5. Echondas

Thanks Anpu -- I used the same scene, and did the same things. I put all my reagents into a bag, dropped all my spider silk, entered the scene, killed a small brown spider, and after skinning it and pressing E to take-all, the glyph for Shield of Crystal lit up instantly. I thought maybe you'd found the secret sauce by having all reagents except the silk in a bag, and then the looted silk going into the main backpack.. but that doesn't seem to be it.

Anything else you might be doing ? Are you earth attuned?

6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I an Earth Spec.

7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

That's actually a good point. I then tried completely naked. Did NOT see this happen. Worked fine as soon as I got 1 spider silk.

I then equipped the same exact deck I show in the picture above..... Did not see this happen. Works just fine as soon as I get one spider silk. heh

Something, something *could* be causing this. But no idea what the something is.

02/13/2023 18:24
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8072
    Area: Novia_R3_Forest01_Road
    Area Display Name: North Midmaer Way
    Loc: (202.3, 50.7, -95.8)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfRm9yZXN0MDFfUm9hZHx8KDIwMi4zMTcsIDUwLjcyLCAtOTUuODE2KXwoMCwgLTAuODE4LCAwLCAwLjU3NSl8LTExMC4wODQyfDE5LjgyMjgzfDE3Ljk5OTk5

8. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Yes. Deep Ravenswood. I think it has something to do with one of the buffs I cast, maybe ignite weapon. I was going to record a video of the whole process and, wouldn't you know it, went two-for-two on being able to cast it without any spider silk. I will post one of those videos shortly and will continue to try to get the original bug on video.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2023
  9. williamleara

williamleara Avatar

I believe I have the same issue. Bottom-line, Shield of Crystal is pretty much unusable. I don't think it has to do with one or other reagent, and the reagent dynamically popping into your inventory. For me, Shield of Crystal is grayed out like 90% of the time, for a reason I can't figure out. I'm not using any other "shield" spell, and I have plenty of all the reagents, and plenty of focus. It's still grayed out, which makes me believe something more fundamental is broken here. I'd really like to use this spell, but I just can't rely on it to be available. If this can be fixed, it would be a big help to everyone who uses Earth. (I'm an Earth Spec.)

10. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

I can't be of much help, but there is a workaround in dragging your weapon off the character and letting it re-seat (or just toggling equipment in general) that will let you cast. This should make it castable at least until you run out of reagents again, at least that I've seen.

This is a long time issue that I've not been able to nail down a cause for, (it doesn't happen near so frequently for me, but I do suspect it's related in part to running out of reagents and then restocking) and it can happen with things other than Shield of Crystal. It reminds me of the crafting level bug where you need to re-seat the tool in order for the bonus from something (table, fountain, tool, dunno) to apply to your chance to succeed/crit chance/recipe lockout.

Alley Oop likes this.
  11. Echondas

just FYI - I've tried to reproduce this but have yet to do so. I could mark it verified based on the video, but that won't do much good if it doesn't happen consistently. @DavidDC might have an idea perhaps?

12. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

I looked at the skill itself i don't see anything special it should effectively use the regeants. I tryed to repro without result. But i remember seeing that in the past too sometime skill took time to come back from greyed so there must be some bug related that stop the code from running when it should. If it happen again to someone try to remember the time and check the game logs if there any error. I might be able to see whats causing it from my side with the time.

Echondas and Anpu like this.