1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Needs More Info] Visual error valiant warden skill.

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills & Magic' started by zaweraks, Dec 7, 2020.

1. zaweraks

zaweraks Avatar

1. Title: Valiant warden visual effect does not disappear after the end of the action.
    2. Reproducible? Yes
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details: In the title of the post.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: To be clarified. (there is a guess in the messages to the post, but not finally revealed)
    A large number of uses of this skill on an ally creates endless shields around them. The skill itself is working properly, but visually does not go away.

After questioning the comrades in the group, they also said that they were observing what is in the screenshot.

When a comrade on whom there were many shields re-entered the game, everything disappeared.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  2. zaweraks

zaweraks Avatar

I have not been able to learn how to properly upload screenshots to this forum ...
    https://pastenow.ru/AXDBT

(Sorry for this quality, I was at the forefront of the battle and could not otherwise)

3. zaweraks

zaweraks Avatar

4. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@zaweraks I'm trying to reproduce this on the QA server, but am unable to do so. The VFX disappear properly from the party member and don't seem to combine into a disco ball. Can you use the /bug command to copy in your full system details? Also, were the party members who also observed this using the Russian language? Perhaps it's something specific to that?

FYI - I GM'd the skill 1-100 and didn't observe it the entire time, or also when using it charged (stacked)

5. zaweraks

zaweraks Avatar

Of course, here's the information. As for the verification, I will do it now, as soon as I find a volunteer)
    OS: Windows 10 (10.0.0) 64bit CPU: AMD FX-4330 Quad-Core Processor (4) System RAM: 8174 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 GPU RAM: 1998 SotA.Win.64.1317.Date.12.02.20

6. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Whisper me in game, and I can come hang out with you and you can show me?

7. zaweraks

zaweraks Avatar

I'm trying to reproduce now and I succeed.
    A bit of history. When I found this bug I used this skill on a friend and everything went well. But after 10-20 minutes we started to notice that the visual effect did not go away.
    I tried to find out how it works today, but everything worked as usual. But I noticed one thing that haunted me and gave me a clue.
    This skill can be updated on the player by reciting it. But yesterday when I used it, I couldn't do it.
    Here is the answer - Some skill is blocking it. And apparently this is what makes this bug.
    Most likely this is something from the bard branch. But I'm not sure yet.
    https://pastenow.ru/AXIF5

I asked my comrades in the group and they confirmed that they see this disco ball.

I do not have all the skills from Bard school, but I will try to find an answer.

Echondas likes this.
  8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

a blocker is something that actually prevent you from playing the game in a major way. crashes, quests broken in the main line, places where you fall through the world (every time, not just a one-time glitch), something that really impacts being able to play the game. this is not a blocker (and that's okay, it's still a bug.)

Anpu likes this.
  9. zaweraks

zaweraks Avatar

I will remember this and take into account in the future)

10. tomcat_de

tomcat_de Avatar

11/22/2021 15:37
    Title: After Valiant Warden skill has ended, the VFX (a sphere of shield symbols) does not end on the target character
    Reproduction Rate: Not sure, but < 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: -
    Steps to Reproduce: 1) Cast Valiant Warden on another player in your party (in my case, 6 stack at skill level 112)
    2) Wait until 40s timer has expired
    3) Observe that VFX are still showing

Additional thoughts about repro: I think it might have something to do with the receiver or caster leaving the scene will the skill is active

User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor (32) System RAM: 65480
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 GPU RAM: 24348
    SotA.Win.64.1488.Date.11.21.21
    Area: New_Midmaer_Way/Extreme
    Area Display Name: Lamech's Bazaar (Extreme)
    Loc: (168.3, 132.5, 315.5)
    Debug: TmV3X01pZG1hZXJfV2F5fEV4dHJlbWV8KDE2OC4zMjgsIDEzMi41MjYsIDMxNS40OSl8KDAsIDAuMDc0LCAwLCAwLjk5Nyl8MzUwLjMwNTR8MjQuMzU0NzV8NS40MTEzODU=