Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Needs Repro] Unable to turn in quests, very often

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Waltzy, May 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waltzy

Waltzy Avatar

this doesn't happen every time, but it happens often enough for me to report it.

It happens with fetch and grab quests... I don't know HOW to reproduce it, to be honest. But whenver I have a quest where I must turn in an item, I use the quest dialogue box to signal to the NPC thathat I have the item he requesed (e.g. "retrieve 5 maple logs for me"), and then he jut keeps asking if I have the item

I have gone so far as to ask the quest NPC every possible dialogue option hoping that it will update my journal or something, and nothing happens.

So the solution, temporarily, I am using, is to log off and then log back on to the game. Once I do so, using the dialogue option I was attempting to use before will either update my journal or will simply open a new dialogue from the NPC, "Oh, you have the item1" and then a menu appears where I can drag the inventory item into his inventory and click, "give item" once more.

This was happening on version 65 and persists on 66.

This is a GAME BREAKING bug. I repeat, GAME BREAKING.
    A lot of people have said in their reviews that the quests were broken so they stopped playing. the quests are broken and people have to do unnecessary things to fix the dialogues with NPCs, such as relog.

I really don't think the length of the beginning tutorial was what people were scared away by... o_O well at least not entirely.

Thanks,

Waltzy

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Are you clicking on the related keyword for the item you are trying to turn in?

3. Waltzy

Waltzy Avatar

I said like 3 times in the report that I was clicking the related keyword...

@Jaesun

Jaesun likes this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

If you are trying to turn in the wood and the turn in window is not appearing, try logging out and then back in again. That usually fixes it for now.

5. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

As mentioned above, it's best to give specific details on specific quest, because the more exact details we get the better the chance we can fix the problem. Giving broad reports like "such and such doesn't work anywhere" can be too over-generalized for us to take any action. In this case, I'm going to infer a specific case of not being able to turn in wood to Sedgewick in Solace Bridge Outskirts, but it feels like it might be a stretch on my part. At any rate, I added it as issue #64975

Jaesun likes this.
  6. wizardsmoke

wizardsmoke Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Please let us know if reliable steps to reproduce this issue are discovered.

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.