Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Negative Mouse Acceleration - Yet Again

Discussion in 'Release 11 Feedback' started by MikeRotch, Oct 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeRotch

MikeRotch Avatar

I got excited once I heard about Steam access so I got my hopes up, downloaded it through Steam so all of my Steam friends can see this title when I play it and hopefully will buy this game.

In any case, I decided to give this game a try again JUST IN CASE they fixed the negative mouse acceleration. I even decided to do a reinstall of Windows 8.1 to make sure I was giving this a fair shake (and it's also been 2 years since I reinstalled Windows, so it was about time). But to my disappointment, the negative mouse accel is still there.

I literally reinstalled my Windows 8.1. Did all of my Windows Updates, installed the newest Catalyst Drivers, installed drivers for my Sound Blaster Z, installed Office 2013, installed Firefox, installed Steam, downloaded SotA, I didn't even download the software/drivers for my Logitech G700 mouse. But yup, negative mouse accel still there. I tried again after install Logitech Gaming Software 8.55.137 and no change. One thing I noticed though, is that the more I slide the Mouse Sensitivity slider in game to the left, more pronounced the negative acceleration is. The only thing I can think of is that the game engine is getting mouse data through the filtered input of the OS. I don't know why games do this, games should ALWAYS use raw mouse data. I think the change happened after Release 1 because back during the very early releases, I did not have this problem. I noticed that the camera during the character creation screen is fine, as is the Y axis of mouse movement, just the X axis seems to suffer from this negative acceleration.

I am also going to post my previous post made back in June I think, during Release 7:

I have posted this bug two other times in the last 2 releases and it still hasn't been fixed.

here is the link to the last message I posted:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-logitech-g700-reproducible.9960/#post-169764

And here is the post copied and pasted for completeness. I have received a few likes on my previous posts which means that I am not the only one experiencing the issue. And again I repeat, NOTHING on my end has changed. During the earlier releases I did NOT have this issue.

Mods: Please feel free to move this into the proper bug forums as you see fit, I could not find a proper bug category to file this under.

I had the exact same issue with R3, the thing is, I did not play R2 since I was out of town, but I did play every release before that and had no negative mouse acceleration issue. I made a post about this issue in the R3 feedback forum but never got a reply from anyone, except one like from someone. I am copying and pasting what I posted in the R3 feedback forum:

This game is now unplayable to me because I am experiencing negative mouse acceleration. I only experience it when I hold down the right mouse button to use the camera. The cursor is not affected. Basically what this means is that if I move my mouse 2 inches really slowly, the in game camera does a 360 around my character. if I move my mouse 2 inches really fast, the camera barely moves 45 degrees. If I move my mouse a foot like an inch a second, the camera does like 9-10 circles around my character, if I move it a foot in one second, the camera will only move about 180 degrees.

Now before you guys tell me that it's my drivers/settings/control panel let me say that I have been playing FPSs with the mouse since Doom 1 (yes back in 1993), all the Quakes, UTs, Counter Strikes, so I know how a camera is supposed to react to my mouse movement. I have a Logitech G700 mouse that is in wired mode. I have disabled Enhance Pointer Precision in the Control Panel, and in Logitech Gaming Software 8.51.5 I have disable Pointer Precision as well. I have also tried to download so called "negative mouse acceleration fixes" and it didn't have any effect.

Sorry, I am not trying to sound pompous but I have posted negative mouse acceleration issues in some other forums and have been told that I don't know what I'm doing, that there's no such thing as negative acceleration, that I am a n00b. I am just trying to be thorough.

I have experienced this issue in other games. The only few I can think of from the top of my head are FarCry 3 (I was able to fix via some tweaking of FarCry's ini files thanks to a link I found on YouTube ), ARMA2, the DayZ Standalone, and the latest Splinter Cell (the last 3 I could not play because I could not fix it). I DO NOT have this issue with lots of other games that I just literally just loaded up and played to test this issue. Tera, Guild Wars 2, Sleeping Dogs, Counter Strike GO, CS: Source, Star Citizen, Team Fortress 2, Batman Arkham City, Left 4 Dead 2, Portal, Portal 2, The Walking Dead to name a few. I know it's not my drivers or settings because I repeat, I DO NOT have this issue in these other games.

Here is a list of my settings I think are relevant (sorry it's 12 AM here and it's getting late and I wanna get to bed so the list may not be complete)

Logitech G700 Mouse
    Logitech Gaming Software 8.51.5
    Win 8.1
    Asus r9 290
    16GB RAM
    Intel 3770K
    Asus p8z77-v pro Motherboard
    I have my mouse DPI set to 1200
    3 monitor set up but only middle monitor is used to play games 2560x1440 res
    the other 2 monitors are 1920x1200
    and in my control panel I have my pointer speed right in the middle of the bar, disabled Enhance Pointer Precision

Here is the video I used to fix my FarCry 3

That was the only game I was able to fix, I was unable to fix Splinter Cell, ARMA2, or the DayZ Standalone.

My mouse is the older version of the G700, not the new one. I have made sure though that I have the latest firmware 22.35.

I have also literally JUST tried two other mice I had lying around. I uninstalled the Logitech Gaming software, rebooted, made sure my mouse setting in Control Panel were the same. A really old first generation white Microsoft optical Mouse. "Wheel mouse optical USB and PS/2 Compatible". Yes it's so old it even says PS/2 compatible LOL.

And also one of those travel laptop mice from Kensington model #K72114G "PocketMouse"

They both experience the same issue.

I will give other info that I have researched that may be relevant.

- I have not played around with the DPI settings in my monitor (I have checked the "Let me choose one scaling level for all my displays" under the DPI options and my DPI is at 100%
    - I have undone all other previous registry tweaks I have done in the past
    - just tried Dark Souls 2, Rising Storm Red Orchestra 2, and Battlefield 3 (I didnt' buy BF4) and do not have this issue

**UPDATE**
    -I have also just tried Alien Isolation, have been playing Quake Live, Wolfenstein New World Order for a few months and no issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.