Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mac2, Feb 3, 2020.
Ah, okay. Thanks!
My words exactly!
Agreed. Nobody wants to use this. It should have better, generalist mage bonuses that are good enough to make up for having only STR masterworks. That would be hard to do. What about something like bonuses to Focus Tree skills or a compelling Health Regeneration rate?
I foresee “bard” armor having +taming & +archery!
That would be sweet Lot of tamers waiting for the bard class to drop. It's promising to be a great fit.
If I was designing a set of special armor for mages somewhat comparable to bandit armor, I think it would look something like this:
1) It would be cloth, because that's what mages wear and that's what's required to use a lot of mage stuff.
2) Instead of attunement, it would have +int bonuses, the same way that bandit has +dex bonuses. If it did have attunement, it would have attunement for all magic schools, something like 1 piece with sun/life, 1 with moon/death, 1 with fire/air, 1 with earth/water, chromatic chest, and chaos on the shield.
3) The hood would need to have a very useful effect in order to be a viable alternative to Dolus hood. Combat focus regen, draw speed bonus, and cast time bonus are all possibilities.
4) The chest would have a spell damage bonus similar to the weapon damage bonus of bandit chest.
5) The shield should be something useful for situations where people use shields, like vs. mob swarms and PvP. I think the current shield is actually on the right track, but should be better and less specific to a particular tree.
6) Nothing should be significantly worse than it's fustian or carapacian equivalent. If it is, it should at least have some sort of alternate situational value.
Ya, I was kinda hoping for it to be like bandit somewhat like that, int instead of dex, and a spell damage or spell crit chance like the weapon damage. Once we can MW and enchant it all, I will go and try it out, maybe there is some hidden modifier like the envy bow has crit multiplier higher then other bows but that is not shown on it, maybe?
At least it isn't OP so Chris did a good job there...
It is not intended for a mage but rather melee/range that use the air / dex builds.
Ok I'm throwing the gauntlet down. Can someone tell me exactly what makes you a mage in SOTA?
Is it the number of masteries in a magic tree?
Is it specialization in at least one magical tree?
Is it how big your focus pool is?
Is it the use of a staff or wands?
So we have a consensus that this set is UP
(There we have the nemesis of OP) and you can only get this at a control point to boot. Reiiiiilllyyy?. Oh well time to go back to the drawing board. I can’t help but suggest something for @Chris to peruse at if his schedule allows.
So the bandit gear gives 40 pct dmg bonus, what is the max dmg bonus on cloth/leather/Chain/plate? (Help me out crafters in the numbers). Once we know that then we can figure out a “New” “Crafted” Mage and Melee set that gives an option to compete with the Bandit gear. Did I mention “Crafted”? Let’s not kick those people to the curb.
I think that it's just what you want to call yourself.
I would say in sota this is the difference between a mage and a non mage. Otherwise you can attack with an actual weapon that does a lot of damage on its own.
Most people using the air dex physical build are using shield of air and get WAY more benefit from bandit armor. Your shield of air transfer rate is dex dependent and bandit armor has that in spades. Then you also get all that weapon damage compared to the 0 you get from acaras set. Acaras set uses a shield as part of its set, so that negates all archers if they want the full set bonus. I have a polearm shield of air using build and there is just no way I would trade bandit armor for acaras for that build.
I don't think it's intended for anyone. It's pretty much garbage.
Its mom think it's cool.
its mom is a fish.
Brother can you let me know what items are needed and what armor set can be as potentially strong as a “rare” bandit armor set. If it can come even close to the rare bandit damage bonus I am all in. Send it via PM if you wish, help a guild mate out. R/Boris/El Pirata
Is anyone surprised that the artifacts and armor sets going into the game are either totally OP or complete garbage? Chris is the one designing all of them and, in his own (paraphrased) words, "I really need to have Bezis (sp?) sit down and show me how the crafting system works."
Chris change, "Let's add vex wands"
Bezis change, "Let's make gold add +2 int on crafted rings!"
Separate names with a comma.