Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

New character still ghost.

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by TimidestComic9, Sep 29, 2019.

?

anyone else have this problem

1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

100.0%
  3. i know the fix!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimidestComic9

TimidestComic9 Avatar

New character cannot venture past the ghost my character has remained the ghost past character creation help please i don't want to lose game items or login rewards i have attempted to play several times now and cannot figure out how to play past this problem cannot draw weapon and cannot play only thing i can do is make girl attack monsters and pick up gold and weapons and equip gear. cannot draw bow or draw sword and finish tasks.

2. TimidestComic9

TimidestComic9 Avatar

can anyone help?

3. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

This sounds like a strange issue, not something I've heard of. So you're still in "ghost" form...sorry, bit unclear cause you go on to mention you can fight, and loot, and equip items but then say you can't draw weapon. So can you clarify what you mean? Show some screenshots of what you're talking about?

4. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

If you're right at the very start, try deleting it, and making a new one, you arent losing anything by trying

5. Toular

Toular Avatar

I think the "Girl" TimidestComic9 is referring to is Charlotte, the NPC.

I just created a new character (Offline) and confirmed that when you start you are not a ghost. That makes me think that perhaps you died and now can't get resurrected? Have you approached one of the 14 ankhs in the zone and let it resurrect you?

At one time - like over a year ago - character creation was a bit different and you started on the Isle of Storms and was actually a "ghost" for a while. Are you by any chance playing in offline mode on a really old version of the game?

6. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

So weird.
    If you were a 'dead' ghost tho, you'd see everything as wisps of light. This is a strange sort of thing, never heard of this happening.

7. Toular

Toular Avatar

Hmmm .... shows full hit points too.

I'm guessing that if you walk up to a wolf or undead, they don't attack you? If they do, then I would suggest letting them actually kill you. That way you would truly be a ghost and an ankh would be able to resurrect you. Unless I'm mistaken, there are Ahnk's at both ends of the bridge to your left (your character's right).

This certainly does seem to be a bug.

8. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Did you skip the bit where you picked what you looked like at the beginning after talking to Annabel?

9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

You are aware that the new character creation and starting area is now completely different?

10. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Yes I know they changed it, I think you now pick a look and then go to solace bridge. I dont have an account Im prepared to wreck atm just to do a video of what I mean.. but still stands, they havent gotten anywhere, a remake maybe the simple answer

Jaesun likes this.
  11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I just created a new character on Live. Character creation works just fine. And then I tried dying. I did turn into a ghost and there are ankhs everywhere. Resurrected just fine.

10/01/2019 13:15
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1046.Date.09.30.19
    Area: SolaceBridge_Starter/WithTutorial
    Area Display Name: Battle of Solace Bridge
    Loc: (-29.4, 77.0, -76.5)
    Debug: U29sYWNlQnJpZGdlX1N0YXJ0ZXJ8V2l0aFR1dG9yaWFsfCgtMjkuNDI4LCA3Ny4wMDcsIC03Ni40OTcpfCgwLCAwLjg2NSwgMCwgMC41MDMpfDExOS45MDZ8MTUuNTU0Mjl8OS4zNjQ1MTk=

Feeyo and liz_the_wiz like this.
  12. Erandoom

Erandoom Avatar

This actually happened to my sister. when she first installed and made an account she didn't have enough Ram to support the game and the game crashed at Solace Bridge and she was unable to continue until I purchased her more Ram. when she continued the game after getting the Ram installed the game worked well but she was stuck in this ghost but alive form, unable to do anything that would advance the game or to die. ultimately she had to scrap the character and start from scratch. She has had no problems like this since. Not sure what initially caused this issue and didn't report it at the time because Recreating the character worked in fixing it.

Jaesun and liz_the_wiz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.