New COTO shop - Make dyes previewable on deco and gear to sell more

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vladamir Begemot, Jan 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Want to sell lots of dyes?

Let the users preview anything dyeable in their inventory with any of the colors. If you want to be gentlemen about it, let them preview crafted dyes too.

This should lead to a lot more sales because we can be certain before the sale.

It leads to experimenting and the resulting desire, as well as guarantees satisfaction with the choice.

As it is now, it's a big crapshoot.

Boo Ladedada likes this.
  2. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Agree re: dye previews, for sure.
    Especially since some colors don't look the same on different items and you never know where the dye "spots" are going to be.

My feedback about dye ...
    Selling a big bundle of dye that includes a bunch of colors isn't really that appealing.
    I have no incentive to buy an expensive pack when half the colors I'd never use.
    (Although, leftover dyes made good christmas gifts, I guess).

The dye 12-pack is a decent size, if there was a discount "package" where I could pick x number of 12-packs, that might be tempting, but the mega-super-pack stuff, nah. The unwanted colors will sit in a box or maybe I'll try and sell them for gold but honestly I'd rather not hassle with it.

The best thing you can do to sell more dye, is make more things dye-able. The furniture was a good start. I know being able to dye armor types other than cloth has been a big ask for well, years now. I'd probably bump that up the priority list.

Boo Ladedada likes this.
  3. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

I think splitting up the 12 packs of dyes was part of the reason why the coto is going to be split in 100. To support purchase of singles etc.

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.