Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

New harvesting % incidator

Discussion in 'Release 16 Feedback' started by Umuri, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Umuri

    Umuri Avatar

    Messages:
    528
    Likes Received:
    1,830
    Trophy Points:
    63
    I'm sure some people love it, but can we have the new harvesting indicator show two decimal places?
    I've been building a unified formula for gathering rates, and those extra 2 digits are really useful for determining the differences at high skill vs low node situations where it's in the 90+ percentile.
     
    Net and Kaisa like this.
  2. Discovereuse

    Discovereuse Avatar

    Messages:
    13
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    3
    Gender:
    Female
    Harvesting is absolutely no fun when the % is <1%. In the real world, even clumsy idiots have a higher % likelihood of being able to figure out how to do a basic harvest with the right tools, and my avatar has been playing for a while.
     
  3. Heradite

    Heradite Avatar

    Messages:
    735
    Likes Received:
    1,111
    Trophy Points:
    105
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Hollywood!
    Can we have an option to turn it off?
    I don't want to know in the chat or in-game my percentage. I'd rather have the chat tell me "you have a high chance" (75-100%) or "you have a medium chance" (50-75%) or "you have a low chance" (25%-50%) or "you have no real chance" (0-25%) then a specific number. So I'd like an option for that.
     
  4. Bowen Bloodgood

    Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

    Messages:
    13,286
    Likes Received:
    23,399
    Trophy Points:
    165
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Caer Dracwych
    Hopefully we can have something like this by beta. Right now though I think numbers help us guage whether or not it's working as intended. Just think of it as debug info. :)
     
    Katrin Bekers [PeV] and Heradite like this.
  5. Wyr

    Wyr Avatar

    Messages:
    28
    Likes Received:
    23
    Trophy Points:
    3
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Brazil
    I hope to see the numbers replaced by vague words too. Loved that in UO, the lack of explicit math and the discovery of the early days. Sure, with wikis all over the internet, it won't be long for everyone to figure things out, but the game should always go for the immersion. For the early alpha though, it really helps to see if the bonus are really working or not.
     
  6. Ice Queen

    Ice Queen Avatar

    Messages:
    2,114
    Likes Received:
    7,743
    Trophy Points:
    165
    Gender:
    Female
    I'd rather have an option to turn it on or off, that way people that like it and people that don't have the options.
     
    Lord Baldrith, Veronica and Mata like this.
  7. Veronica

    Veronica Avatar

    Messages:
    35
    Likes Received:
    56
    Trophy Points:
    8
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    Seattle, WA, USA
    I'm all about giving players the option!
     
  8. Bowen Bloodgood

    Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

    Messages:
    13,286
    Likes Received:
    23,399
    Trophy Points:
    165
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Caer Dracwych
    Options are good but it also may be good to be cautious about giving players raw numbers.
     
    Veronica likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.