New here, but sad to discover....

Discussion in 'New Player Experience Feedback' started by Bonewisher, Oct 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caska

Caska Avatar

1/8 of my family line comes from Norway/Sweden but we won't go into that because those guys hate each other. I would advise you a few courses of action [Disclaimer: You are reading the opinions of someone whose main forum account is banned so if you choose to read, act on or agree with any or all of the following I cannot be responsible to what happens to you but the "many people" who reported me may disagree with the following and might try to report me for "getting you in trouble" but your actions are your own.]

When you see a PC running around in Scandinavian gear no matter how cool it is, challenge them to a duel or fight them in an ! If they truly are one of our people they will:
    1: Fight you. Who the *%&$ do you think you are telling me what to wear!?
    2: Argue with you. Who the *%&$ do you think you are telling me what to wear!?
    3: Fight them in Open PVP (warning if you suck at combat as much as I do the results could be embarrassing and/or expensive.
    4. Fight them on the forums. The forum staff aren't as lenient as they used to be, might want to keep it in character.
    5. You could email support@portalarium.com. The horse is out of the barn now and people paid good money for that stuff and the simplest change (yes even the name of things might make people claim they are not getting what they paid for (not making any value statements this time (look for the account that got put in the corner for that kind of stuff) just explaining where some of my fellow avatars' heads are. I believe that no one intends to marginalize or make a caricature of your culture (if they do, they deserve a response from me in person I'm not violent but I'm just as likely to say everything that I tell you here to your face.)
    6. Post alternatives and hopefully your ideas will be adopted.
    7. You could go to other online communities and trash us about our poor depiction of certain ancient culture but then you'd be like Jim Parsons character who shows up as Spock at renfaires because they are "doing medieval wrong" Yeah, it's funny but not helpful. Teach us and help us or get involved with something that is closer to "Doing it right."

Our game is not Mr. Right but it's "Mr. Right Now" for me." Let me know how things can be made better.

Cordelayne likes this.
  2. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

I can see a bunch of folks putting on Kobold masks to make a fun RP attack on a town, players now wear a ring to turn green so they can play Goblins, in fact they have their own town. Sandbox games, which this is partially, is all about creativity. To me that's what makes it fun, IMO.

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  3. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

[​IMG]

4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

5. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I just see them as the Norgard. Any reference to the Viking culture is simply so that we all can get a quick grasp on what the Norgard are sorta like.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    Simon LeBon and Jaesun like this.
  6. Crendel

Crendel Avatar

Who came first, Norgard or Viking? Maybe the Vikings stole the Norgard helms, a complaint should be filed with the Swedes to rewrite history and give credit to the creator of the Norgard horned helm

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
    Jaesun likes this.
  7. Eric White

Eric White Avatar

The developers have to feed their families. So seriously to the OP... if historical accuracy is important to you in a fictional video game... you came to the wrong game. If a fun and enjoyable community that is generally pretty helpful to all is more your style, prepare to have fun. But your experience is what YOU make of it.

8. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Don't blame the Devs, blame the hat for being horny. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.