Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

New Krampus Quest - Suggestions

Discussion in 'Release 72 Feedback' started by Echondas, Nov 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Alley Oop and I were testing this on QA (SotA.QA.Win.64.885.Date.11.10.19) -- the chess piece needed for the quest seems to be rare - it is not a guaranteed drop from opening a toy chest. We opened ~ 4 chests and did not get a chess piece.

Also - since players can only carry 1 key at once , this current mechanic could be seen as frustrating.

Alley Oop likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i stuck around a bit longer, until i could open the last chest (unless there's more than six and we did not see it.) maybe it's because he opened some and i opened some, but the piece was not in any of the six. (we did both have the quest.)

the one key at a time mechanic could be needed if it weren't also flagged a quest item. there's no need to worry about them being traded in this case..

Jaesun and Echondas like this.
  3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Hiding some details/answers behind the spoiler flag...

1. The keys drop infrequently from Naughty Brats and always from Krampus.
    2. The toy chests randomly appear in 6 of 10 spots.
    3. If you are on the quest and don't already have one in your inventory, one toy is always available in each toy chest. A toy should appear 100% of the time under these conditions.

The one-time mechanic of the key is important because each chest has a variety of items. I don't want players to stock up on these keys which would allow bursts of "free" chest loot; I want the chest loot to be earned with each outing. The quest item is piggybacking on the new chest mechanic rather than the chests existing just to offer the quest item.

I'm assuming your chests weren't looted before you got to them, so I don't know why the quest item isn't appearing when either of you look into them. I'll go back in and try to beef up how the quest item is offered, and maybe give some alternatives to the toy chests for the quest item.

Issue #66019

Jaesun likes this.
  4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

there are some other than the quest item? all six just had normal chest stuff.

Jaesun likes this.
  5. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Each chest has a smattering of common loot, plus the one quest item if you're on the task to look for it.

Violette Dyonisys and Jaesun like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.