Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

New mining skill idea

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Lannross, Aug 5, 2016.

?

Would a mining skills that helped detect nodes and/or node types within a range be acceptable?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lannross

Lannross Avatar

Hey guys,

I would like a scan skill for mining that will detect a direction of a node. It would be incredibly helpful and there aren't many skills to help blacksmiths find ore. I don't think its out of context skill since there is a skill that makes nodes sparkle.

Another skill idea would be something that helps with the amount I can carry ore or resource related.

Time Lord and Black Tortoise like this.
  2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Hmmm.... I like the concept, but not sure how much difficulty it would be to program it in without some degree of "loading lag" - while it finds all the nodes in your loading zone....
    Also, not sure they're open to adding new skills now that we're in persistence, but if they are, then that would be a great one to have if they could make it happen...
    So, +1 on the concept ! ;)

You should investigate your skill trees more....
    What you are looking for is a skill called Heavy Lifter (it's 3rd level in the Tactics Tree)... :cool:

Time Lord and Black Tortoise like this.
  3. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Survey is supposed to help for finding nodes. Maybe it could just use some improvement instead of adding a new skill.

4. Lannross

Lannross Avatar

I did see this skill but I was looking for something more than general weight value. maybe something like weight reduction on ore. Something to help with the fact that miners have 4 skills :/

Time Lord likes this.
  5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I'm just telling you how you can carry more in response to your OP, where you said:

"something that helps with the amount I can carry" -

which is EXACTLY what Heavy Lifter does, no matter what you're doing in any tree.

It simply lets you carry more before becoming overloaded.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Lannross

Lannross Avatar

as far as difficulty is concerned, a node is either up or not. there aren't many in a zone so a search for available is simple. In fact anytime your asking for a search less them 1 mil items, its insignificant from a coding point of view. I could say more than 1 mil, but i don't know how their DBs are designed and what the query looks like in relation to a time scale. I also don't know if they are writing the code in C# or javascript which is going to change computation time....ooooo i just realized I was going to deep. Bottom line is that a search for nodes in the area is insignificant.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

Pretty sure the Wisp from Moon tree helps finding nodes too. It'll point out nodes near you. Used to anyway.

Lazlo and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.