New player solo builds to play?

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Gallo1980, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gallo1980

Gallo1980 Avatar

Hi brand new player here looking for good builds for the solo new player learning the game? cant find any guides on builds to follow for new player or any sites any of the 2 would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any reply's

2. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

Gallo1980 likes this.
  3. Gallo1980

Gallo1980 Avatar

Thanks mate i am subscribed to you on youtube will have to take a look at the videos thanks for reply :)

4. Diminio

Diminio Avatar

Welcome Gallo,

To add to what Skeggy has said you can also try out: SotADeck is maintained by Kor aka Kigu Starfish. It is currently in beta (took that bit from the website) and the link for deck building and pre made decks http://sotadecks.com/#intro

5. Gallo1980

Gallo1980 Avatar

Thanks Diminio will check that for sure

6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

7. St Drahcir

St Drahcir Avatar

That's the fun and awesome thing about SotA in my opinion. You can try all sorts of builds/setups as you wish with NEVER being worried about "gimping" your character.

When I first started I drove my poor guildmates crazy with my concern of "gimping" myself which is a common thing in other games if you aren't careful. Usually in the other games you have one option at that point - start over with a new character.

Well in SotA you don't need to worry. Try EVERYTHING! Don't like the feel or build? Well then click those little arrows DOWN to red so they take from those skills and put others UP to Green. Mix and match. The world in SotA is yours for the taking.

The only thing it will cost you is time to build up the experience and learn the skills. To me... time in a game I enjoy is time well spent no matter what.

Simple example of what happened to me as a Newbie back in January 2018 (you can skip this if you don't care to know):

Take me for example - I started off as a Polearm Heavy Platemail guy. Then throughout my travels I bumped into @devilcult and he gave a killer (for my level) 2 Handed Axe that was far superior to my Polearm Halberd. Axes are Bludgeon tree. Total different than the only other trees (was blades before Polearm). P.S. (Just wanted to give him kudos for the help and many things of advice, but don't misunderstand me - Have gotten help from many people. I just spent quite a few hours with him chilling on a deadly island with a BIG MEAL Troll that almost ate me for lunch a few times).

So I played around with the Bludgeon tree and ended up liking the playstyle much better than Blades or Polearm. So I switched all those skills in those trees to down arrow and here we are now.

Elwyn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.