New player trying things out

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Qu Engka, Apr 19, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qu Engka

Qu Engka Avatar

Heya, how's it going.

I started recently playing and I was having fun discovering Novia and what it hides yet I'm struggling on deciding a build. I made an avatar and basically leveled random stuff. Did I **** it up? There's any place where I can see what build would work better for me? I've been searching but there's a lot of old information and down images :C Should I re-roll or can I save my "progress"?

I would like a "Sauron-like" build with maces and death but heared that would be a pain given all the undead enemies that are around, being swords better too.

Beaumaris, FrostII, Barugon and 2 others like this.
  2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Each thing to kill here has it's weaknesses.
    When begining a character, there's no bad way of doing it and no bad skills to choose to get into.

Just keep hunting in the areas that best suite what you find as fun, with whatever skill set you enjoy, because until you reach the point where you are hunting in "skull level 5" areas, you won't really have a more clear picture of what best suites your personal style. It's easy at that point to change all your skills, while re-alocated what skill points and exp you have earned to a different skill set, or way of hunting.

Find someone doing what you think you want to be doing and team up with them to see how those skills best opperate and how best to get those skills you enjoy more powerful.

Welcome Qu Engka :)~Time Lord~:thumbs up:

3. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

Greetings and welcome to SotA :)

There are also a lot of not-dead things to kill as well and since SotA does not lock you into any specific build, you can have the skills needed to take on the undead when you have to :) For example, if your primary magic is death, nothing is preventing you from also building up your fire mage skills which are devastating to undead. Primarily play your death mage macer, and then when the time comes switch to your fire mage deck.

I have seen some extremely powerful death mages in SotA. You really can't go wrong as you are free to try any skill you want and if you don't like it, you can unlearn it and try something else or keep the skills and just learn new ones. I have morphed over the years into various builds trying out new things. I started with a heavy armor/polearms. Changed to a heavy/tamer. Now I am an earth summoner/air build. I also have an alt character where I am exploring light armor spec and polearms. I have kept most of the skills other than the specs so my main char is decent in pretty much every skill tree and I can adapt to most situations with various equipment and deck combinations.

Fantastic advice. There are so many ways/styles to play this game with many amazing players more than willing to share knowledge and help mentor new players in various aspects of the game. Reach out and experience different ways and then from that make the "Qu Engka" way :) Also check out the twitch and youtube videos players have provided to watch how some people play. It may give you ideas on what you would like to do as well!

As well as many others I would be more than happy to hook up in-game and show/discuss things. Just whisper Tirrag Dragonbane or Goriah Kuulas.

Safe travels!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2022
  4. queenbee

queenbee Avatar

You can't really screw up a character. Although many skills are categorized (skill tree), they are used across the spectrum. Plus there are unlearning scrolls if you choose to redo a skill tree.

Right now my main avatar is a mess because I'm still trying to decide what to focus on with her. But I did create another avatar mainly to focus on range skills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.