Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by meolep92, Feb 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meolep92

meolep92 Avatar

Hi Folks,
    I've been reading up on skill caps and skill gain for combat skills and I think I get where we're at.

Is crafting similar ? Is it possible to have all crafts to a high level on one character or do I need to plan ahead and just pick one or two crafts on my character ?

Same with collecting - is it much easier to level just one or two collecting abilities on my character.

Lee

2. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Hello Lee and welcome to New Britannia :)

There is no limit to what you can do as a crafter. You can train any skill that you can afford.

Be cautious, though, that crafting experience is rather harder to obtain than adventure experience. For that reason, it behooves most people to train the skills that one uses most often for gathering and to focus on a particular trade for production.

Good luck out there. :cool:

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Skills go up a lot faster with a larger XP pool. Press the K key to see the current totals of Adventure and Crafting pool totals.

Getting all of the gathering skills to 40 doesn’t consume that much Crafting XP. In general, once a skill gets to 40, set it to not training. Going past 40 is best to just work on them one at a time.

Do note, all of the 3 Outskirts areas have quests, and all of the quests you complete there provide both Crafting AND Adventure XP. You can start to build a good pool of Crafting XP finishing them.

Windmane, Daigoji Gai, Lesni and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.