Next event: treasure hunt in Umbra Regnum

Discussion in 'One-Time Player Events' started by Isabel Ayin, Dec 8, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Dear Sota Friends:
    To celebrate
    the opening of Umbra Regnum, I am preparing a great treasure hunt.

Date and time: December 23, 2:00 PM Central Time.
    Location: Umbra Regnum, on the seashore between Soltown and Castle Atos.
    Duration: until all the prizes are delivered and as long as you want.

Indications for the search

The meeting of the participants will take place at the main entrance, next to the skeletons of the dragons that fell defeated at my birthday party :D
    In the inner courtyard of Blackstone Castle you will find many containers of all kinds. In each container there will be a gift box with some gifts and the first clue.

The castle gates will be closed until at least ten participants have gathered. At that moment the doors will open and you can open the containers to collect your box.

There will be thirteen clues hidden throughout the city and, as you already know, a container can only be used by one person at a time, so:

1. To get the first clue: there will be containers with public access for 50 participants, so that everyone can interact with one of them when the doors open (I guess and I hope that will be enough). I will try to remove the containers that have already been used but if you open one and it is empty, try another. If you are unlucky enough to be the 51st or successive participant, you will be able to enjoy a free ride on foot or on horseback and without a tour guide through the city :p
    2. For the rest of the clues: each clue will be inside a corpse somewhere in the city, and each corpse will contain 50 copies of the corresponding clue, except for clue #13, of which there will only be three copies for the first three participants to find them and who will be the winners. Please take a copy and vacate the corpse so that the next participants that come to it can use it.

YOU WILL NEED TO FIND AND TURN IN ALL CLUES to get the reward. Therefore, it will not be valid to find the last clue solely by chance, and you will need to be the fastest and smartest to get it (remember that there are only three copies of the last clue).

Once you have collected the thirteen clues, notify me through the /Z zone chat to meet me at the initial meeting point and give you your reward.

Rewards

The three winners will receive:

1. A Christmas crafted set consisting of: a set of snowmen / two Christmas socks / a sleigh / and two gift boxes.
    2. A Survival Supplies Pack containing: Teleport to Friend Scroll x 20 / Teleport to Zone Scroll x 20 / Recall Scroll x 20 / Repair Kits 20 of each type / Obsidian Pot Reward x 1 / Potion of Health, Imbued x 20 / Potion of Focus, Imbued x 20 / Pumpkin Pie x 20 / Wolf Surprise x 20 / Bear Surprise x 20 / a sleeping bag (usable) so you can rest after the heat of combat / a cloak to protect you from the cold / some clean kitchen utensils so your food tastes better than when you use those rusty plates / and an authentic recipe for cooking Spanish omelette (only usable IRL).
    3. A cute Calico Cat longing for love and companionship.
    4. A never seen before trophy newly created by our developers. SotA Team is worth its weight in gold!

I have written the text of the clues in English and Spanish, trying to give each one a touch of mystery, and I have had the collaboration of an English speaker for their translation, so I hope that this mysterious aura has also been captured in English.

I'll announce the exact date of the event as soon as I have the trophies, so keep an eye on this thread for the latest news.
    Meanwhile, Umbra Regnum is now open to all those who wish to have their home or business in the city. There is only one decoration restriction: no empty lands in row plots, since the city is configured as an enclosed area and it would not be coherent to find such a hole in the middle of a fortified city.

I wait for you in my little kingdom!

* There will also be a chest at the castle entrance in case anyone wants to make a donation to the city. Thank you!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2022
  2. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Date and time of Treasure Hunt

The treasure hunt will be held on December 23. Start time:
    Central Time, Texas: 2:00 PM
    New York, Bogota: 3:00 PM
    Paris, Madrid, Berlin: 9:00 PM
    Athens (Greece): 11:00 PM
    Beijing (China): 3:00 AM

I hope I have the trophies by then, if not I will mail them to the winners as soon as I receive them.

Do not forget to read the instructions in the previous post and, a warning: the clues will make you think, search, run and jump.

I hope you have fun and enjoy yourself in Umbra Regnum, the kingdom of fantasy, stories, lights and shadows! And if you want to locate your house or your business in the city, choose the place that you like the most, I will be happy to have you as a neighbor :)
    There is only one restriction on decoration: no empty lands, please.

Anpu likes this.
  3. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Ravalox likes this.
  4. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

21.00 for the standard used here.

Stupid question: When Lord British is the King then how can Umbra Regnum be a kingdom and not rather be an earldom, barony or palatinate? Or is LB supposed to be more like an Emperor with King level vassals?

5. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Because the POT is mine and I have decided that it is a kingdom :D

Sannio and Anpu like this.
  6. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

There are eight hours left until the First Umbra Regnum Treasure Hunt begins, I'm waiting for you all!!

7. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

I forgot to announce that I have already received the trophies for the three winners.
    As you may have guessed, these are the new trophies designed by Ravalox that we have been able to see in the last release notes, so the winners will be the first SotA players to have those trophies.
    Don't miss the First Umbra Regnum Treasure Hunt and show off your trophy!

8. Carpe Noctem Diem

Carpe Noctem Diem Avatar

AMAZING HUNT !! Thank you for putting this together for us !! Absolute fun !

Isabel Ayin likes this.
  9. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Great fun. Great use of the games containers for the clue hunt, great locations. Landing on the column from jumping was *HARD*. I tried a dozen times before it worked... :rolleyes:

10. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

The gnomes were laughing at us trying to do that jump. ;-)

11. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

The First Umbra Regnum Treasure Hunt is over and there are three happy winners!

At the request of the participants, this is the explanation of each of the clues:

An additional clue to the first one indicated that you could find help by looking at a lot of listings and signposts.

Clue #1: Two babies came out, four are left inside. Next to the eggs, the track rots. The clue led to the dragon nest next to the castle, and the clue was inside a rotting corpse next to the baby dragons. "Dragon's Nest" are lot listing.
    Clue #2: Go through the path of Dark Fatality to where the eight legs guard the spirits. The clue was on a corpse next to the spiders, in the graveyard of Fatality Dark's house. Fatality Dark's house is seen on lot listing.
    Clue #3: Wings of stone under the firelight, at his feet the next clue. Stone wings -- Gargoyle. The clue was inside a corpse, at the feet of a large gargoyle. The signs take you to the “Gargoyle Rest” area.
    Clue #4: Before the watchful eye of the artisans and about to lose his mind, the executed shows the way. The clue was inside a corpse next to a guillotine, next to the public craft house. The signs take you to a Arts and Crafts Quarter.
    Clue #5: Go through the western gate and head north, there it is in the dark. The white shadows will guide you. Public house of artisans -- West Gate -- hereinafter North. The clue was inside a corpse at the entrance to the School of Dark Arts, an obsidian inn that stands in the dark.
    Clue #6: Roaring Fire, those who tasted its flames there remained. Next to the obsidian inn is the lava pool and a dragon roaring fire. The clue was inside a corpse, on the pool stairs. "Lava Pool" are lot listing.
    Clue #7: Among ancient books and scrolls, lonely at the top. His only company, a corpse that reveals his wisdom. Ancient Books and Scrolls: Next to the lava pool is the library. On the roof was the corpse with the next clue. “William of Baskerville Library” are lot listing.
    Clue #8: Before the All Seeing Eye, green reflections guide you in, blue whirlwinds propel you up. Follow the gnomes and jump. Jump! It is clear that "All Seeing Eye" is the Oracle. In front of him, the wizard tower with green lamps that lead you inside and the blue portal that leads you up. Upstairs the corridor with gnomes, at the end of the corridor you had to jump over a smashed arch and from the arch jump onto a column. The corpse with the clue was on the column.
    Clue #9: Spinning with the wind, wood and roses, by the stone path, the satyr awaits. At Ayin Farm, in front of the wizard tower, a wind power generator, a bunch of logs and rose bushes. A stone path inside the farm leads you to the satyr. The corpse with the clue was at his feet.
    Clue #10: Wooden path under little suns. Almost isolated but between one and the other, next to the old lava. The docks, the strips of shogun lanterns and at the end of the wooden path, the island. On the island there are two houses (both of my husband's) and between the houses there are two huge lava fish. The corpse with the clue was in the middle of the two ancient lava fish.
    Clue #11: Steps back, way forward. Over the mountain, look out. Retracing your footsteps along the path of my husband's houses, I walk forward to the top of the mountain. The corpse with the clue was on the camping table at the peak of the mountain. Singpost leads to Lookout Mountain.
    Clue #12: Where you started you'll end, frozen in wood you're hailed and welcomed, between dark walls laughter rests forever. Go back where you started, to the castle. Wooden statues cheer you up. Inside Blackstone Castle, in the background, a skeleton with an eternal smile. The corpse with the clue was at the feet of the skeleton. Signpost takes you back to Blackstone Castle.
    Clue #13: Congratulations, you've reached the end!

I don't think I forget anything.
    I hope you had fun, thank you all so much for coming!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2022
    Belladonna Rose, Ysold and Ravalox like this.
  12. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

The upper tower of the gnomes house was right above the column and got into my way several times. The worst were when I actually managed to jump in the right direction only to go a bit too far and fall down right next to the column...

13. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Isabel Ayin
    Sorry I was lat to the quest but I have to keep my Computer customers happy when they call. What I did get to experience was a lot of fun. Very good clues and using dead bodies made it that much more like a true SotA quest. Think of the starting areas and you will remember that a lot of those clues used dead or dying NPCs.

Also your town look wonderful. So much thought went into the design and navigation. Especially like the small space between row houses to squeeze by instead of the long trail back the way you came. I hope you have many more quest in your town and wonder what the setup will be for the next one.

14. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

I'm sorry you couldn't make it early on @Warrior B'Patrick , but work feeds us and comes first.

Those little gnomes have an evil aura inside them. It was also difficult for me to reach the column to place the clue. My idea was to put the body on the roof of the house across the street but it is not possible to put anything there. In any case, that jump would have been too easy, it was more fun to jump to the arch and column :D

I'm glad you had a good time. There's still a lot of work ahead, I have to finish decorating Blackstone Castle and the wicked witch's house (which will be like Hansel and Grettel's candy house), my mansion is almost empty, and I haven't even started on Envy Abbey, The Happy Hake (which will be decorated as a fish market), the School for the Dark Arts and Miss Ayin's Home for Peculiar People, and dungeons to build. And I'm saving gold to buy COTOs for the next city upgrade. So for all the long road that lies ahead, there will surely be some other event in Umbra Regnum.

Lily Byrd likes this.
  15. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

as governor of your town, you can slew using the

/slew

command. this won't actually allow you to MOVE with it the way devs do but, if you enter deco mode and are on the lot where you want to place the item, you can move the camera to where you want to place the item and drag it from your inventory as if you were actually there, without having to jump.

Lily Byrd, Isabel Ayin and Anpu like this.
  16. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

That was fun and truly inspiring. Your town is so cool. Love the specific areas you have set up. Very intriguing to run about.
    Hope to attend again next year

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.