Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Night Vision + resources

Discussion in 'Release 22 Feedback' started by Ristra, Oct 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

So I have finally jumped in and started poking around (been MIA since like R2) Messing with the different mage spells I used Night Vision. It makes everything black and white. That's fine, it does what is says, you can see at night.

But my issue is the visual cues for gathering are stripped away.

The glow effect on gems is nullified by the black and white. Ore isn't all that easy to see but with torch light the veins stand out. With night vision the veins are gone.

I'm not a fan of mouse over highlighting but is there anything that can be done to help see resources. Specially when using night vision.

Quenton, Xandra7, Spoon and 2 others like this.
  2. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

One night I was playing trying to see with this and I came on the boards and complained it was darker and harder to see items and ressources.

Someone in the team probably thought : Ah he complains so much I'll change it immediately to nice settings.

For those few hours it was magical, useful and not overpowered in my opinion, it still had darker parts around the field of vision.

Then someone else in the team said : WHAT you did something for that old fool, put it back where it was !

And the nice settings are since gone. Night vision should also give the player the ability to see living things with a brighter glow, thats what infrared vision does...

3. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

I'm kind of weird in that I like to throw on both at the same time. Fairly helpful for me when I do it.:rolleyes:

4. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

You mean light and night vision spells ? :p

5. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Yes......forgot to mention it, did I?:p

6. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Such a gracious lady. *bows*

7. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

I remember I ranted quite a bit about the issue... I even suggested downsides if it was to be made more powerful... like when you have night vision on you could get blinded by bright lights and spell if caught by surprise :)

I feel so nostalgic...

Bodhbh Dearg likes this.
  8. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of moon magic though?

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  9. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Compared to what it was several releases ago, Night Vision is much more useful. I haven't found it useful for finding resources because I rely on the color of the resources for them to stand out.

Currently, my survey skills are still very low, so resource nodes don't sparkle until I am standing right on top of them. I assume that once my survey skills are improved, I will see them sparkle even with night vision turned on.

10. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Working on it but it's slow going. Hopefully that's the case.

Kara Brae likes this.
  11. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

I always thought that night vision should make the light orb excessively bright if you're using both at the same time - it being an light amplification thing and all that. But yes, I have used both at the same time occasionally too.

Kvow and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  12. tesyra

tesyra Avatar

Its certainly improved some, but im still not a fan of it, when its too dark to fight i just stand around and either fish, or "train" some skills, or watch tv until its light enough to see again :(

Speaking of training some skills, the 30second cooldown on Night Vision is very annoying for training your moon passives
    You can train Sun passives every 2 seconds using Light, but now Vanish and some others had their CDs lengthened you can only train Moon passives twice a minute :(

Lord-Galiwyn likes this.
  13. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

14. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

Both the light spells are really on the weak side. Sun's light spell came first and I always thought that was too weak, and was pretty excited when I saw Night Sight in Moon to be implemented in an upcoming release because I thought it'd be like UO's night sight which just illuminates everything. But, incandescent green. This might have been okay, except it's just not effective.

I think one of the devs (Starr?) said that Night Vision was going to get upgraded later so that things like UI elements wouldn't turn green as well, but I don't think that's enough. We need to be able to see!

15. Noric

Noric Avatar

Is there any advantage at all to leveling light aside from allowing you to equip more of it in combat? It specifies range and cooldown - but from what i have seen neither increases as it levels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.