Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

No Curser

Discussion in 'Release 29 Bug Forum' started by shrinkwrap, Apr 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shrinkwrap

shrinkwrap Avatar

Since 406 I had no curser unless I leave a box on the screen like my character box, or another info box. I've read through and haven't seen anyone else with this problem. Everything was fine until 406.
    I've tried rebooting it doesn't work.

I'm running windows 10 with all the latest drivers. Nvidia 980

Thanks

2. stormi295

stormi295 Avatar

I have no cursor 90% of the time and left dbl clicking isn't working. I caanot click into anything hardly. Takes 20 tries and I may get lucky, this applies to looting and harvesting also, and lets add opeing doors, talking to npc's......it is not me

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  3. shrinkwrap

shrinkwrap Avatar

I think I found a bit of help. If you go into your settings by pressing the 'escape' button in game, then on 'Game', scroll down to the bottom and make sure the box marked
    "Force targeting mode for combat" is checked. This eliminated the problem so far for me.

4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

R29 has introduced a significant change in our targeting system that places a greater emphasis on reticle-targeting, as opposed to cursor (interactive) mode. To toggle between the two, you can use TAB to toggle the cursor on and off, otherwise game interactions are strictly done by the reticle in the center of the screen.

Thanks for reporting!

5. shrinkwrap

shrinkwrap Avatar

I've tried 'tabbing' and I do get the cursor. However, when I 'tab' to get rid of the cursor, I can't do a damn thing. I can't open doors, I can't use the damn reticle. If I'm not mistaken, I should be able to place the reticle on a target and click on the mouse, right? (As if I had a cursor) ... Or should I be doing something else to activate the target?? I have to admit that I am no fan of the reticle, and I believe that everything should be operable using the mouse. If not everything, then the mouse and direction controls on the keyboard. That works just fine for other mmorpgs, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Please.

6. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you for the feedback. Regarding the reticle interactions, you are correct. Aiming the reticle at objects and double clicking should be interacting with them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.