Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

No recipe for Obsidian Boar Meat on NPC Merchant

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by Daxxe Diggler, Jun 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

6/26/2018 9:26 AM
    Title: No recipe for Obsidian Boar Meat on NPC Merchant
    Reproduction Rate: Once
    Blocker? No
    Details: Acquired an Obsidian Boar Carcass via field dressing an Obsidian Boar. Assuming this is supposed to produce Obsidian Boar Meat (like all the other Obsidian Carcasses) but can't butcher it at the crafting station. Recipe is not discoverable (expected, but tried anyway) and the recipe is not for sale in Resolute where all the other obsidian meat recipes are sold (location of this bug report).
    Steps to Reproduce: Acquire Obsidian Boar Carcass via skinning Obsidian Boar (in Ulfheim), try to buy recipe to butcher it at NPC merchant.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz (4) System RAM: 16306
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti GPU RAM: 1984
    SotA.QA.Win.64.711.Date.06.25.18
    Area: Novia_R6_City_Resolute
    Area Display Name: Resolute
    Loc: (46.0, 77.6, -209.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjZfQ2l0eV9SZXNvbHV0ZXx8KDQ2LjAxNCwgNzcuNTg1LCAtMjA5LjAyMSl8KDAsIDAuOTU0LCAwLCAtMC4zKXw1NzQuOTQxNHwyNi45MDE3MXwyLjkyOTk5Ng==

May not be a bug if this recipe is intended as a drop, but I haven't found it yet and all the other similar recipes are for sale at the merchant.

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Jaesun, i don't believe that's correct. to my knowledge obsidian boars have not been in game before R55, so the recipe was not either. you're going to need positive evidence that it's a drop to make that claim, rather than assuming it's a drop because it's not on the vendors.

Jaesun likes this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Sorry, I was just going by that list and assumed it was then a drop. Of note, when shopping around, I have never seen a player selling any of theses on a player vendor. It might indeed be missing.

Alley Oop likes this.
  5. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Well, considering Obsidian Boars were not in game before R55 QA (to my knowledge), I wouldn't expect that recipe to be on a vendor on Live... so it definitely wouldn't be on that list.

No other butchering skills so far have been drop recipes... not even Dragon Meat, so I wouldn't expect Obsidian Boar Meat to be a drop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.