Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[No Repro]How to reach purgatory

Discussion in 'Release 39 Bug Forum' started by Mishikal, Mar 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Step 1) Be a co-owner on someone else's lot where they have a basement hatch on the lot leading to a basement
    Step 2) Pick up the hatch and place it in your inventory

Result: You're stuck in a black screen -- Neither in the town scene nor in the basement

This appears to be due to the fact that just clicking and dragging on a hatch (rather than double clicking or pressing E) makes you start entering the basement (I noticed this while trying to move the hatch as well, except in that case I ended up in the basement).

[​IMG]

2. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

I've tested this and am unable to reproduce it. User with co-owner access moves hatch or puts in inventory, neither of these cause a black screen nor cause me to enter the basement. Can you please provide more detailed reproduction steps as well as full bug details including location and system specs (type /bug in chat and paste the information into the bug report).
    Thanks!

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

As stated above, we have been unable to reproduce this. Technically speaking, this shouldn't occur. Even if a hatch is picked up, the basement data is not changed and still stored on the lot. If possible, we would like additional details for reproduction cases for us to be able to see this ourselves.

4. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

It happened to me just before the game crashed the other day. In the period leading up to that, things were object interaction was really strange. So it may have had more to do with the state the server was in. But it kept happening to me that just a click & drag forced me to enter the basement. It was click & drop into my bag that got into this state.

5. Attenwood

Have you been able to reproduce it since?

6. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Nope. It's not happened again since then, and I've moved a few hatches around.

7. Attenwood

Interesting. :) Possibly a fluke caused by server connection issue? Please let us know if this recurs in the future. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.