Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[No Repro]No great Evil spawning in Sieges.

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Paulie Walnuts, Sep 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Avatar

9/30/2017 12:30 AM
    Title: No great Evil spawning in Sieges.
    Reproduction Rate: Random
    Blocker? Yes
    Details: Just finished a siege in a POT and no boss spawned with "the great evil approaches" message. This makes the siege unable to be completed and thus continuously running always for POTs.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4) System RAM: 16344
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8119
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.665.Date.09.29.17
    Area: SiegeEncounter_Forest01_Road/POT_island_metropolis_01_template/Oceania
    Area Display Name: Forest Siege
    Loc: (-40.9, 31.1, -115.8)
    Debug: U2llZ2VFbmNvdW50ZXJfRm9yZXN0MDFfUm9hZHxQT1RfaXNsYW5kX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFfdGVtcGxhdGUvT2NlYW5pYXwoLTQwLjk0MiwgMzEuMTI3LCAtMTE1LjgyOCl8KDAsIDAuMzcsIDAsIDAuOTI5KXw0Ni44OTc5fDEyLjM3NTU2fDQuNjQ0NDY4

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Would you be able to attempt to reproduce this in the latest build? We're not seeing this issue occur on Live 666. In fact, I forced a siege upon Oceania, traveled in, killed the siege engineers, and verified that two cabalists spawned, Nefas and Nefario.

3. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Avatar

I have not been able to reproduce it. I will let you know of it happens again.

Lexie and Attenwood like this.
  4. eli

eli Avatar

fwiw this happened to me after a release a few months back, 3 sieges in a row with no boss. It was the day after release and as a cloth mage, it takes me a looong time to clear a siege, if either of those are helpful. My hunch is that by the time i'd cleared the engineers, the stars had moved to a peaceful part of the sky... but i was never able to confirm that.

5. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Just by watching the moondial that I've observed some cabalists move between signs VERY quickly. I also think it is possible that if someone else clears it before you, and they are in their own instance, it will clear the siege. But I cannot say that with absolute certainty just yet. We'll keep an eye on the behavior :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.