1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[No Response] Ecology Survey Ticket Quest breaks when combined with Boundless runebag

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Strider99, Apr 26, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strider99

Strider99 Bug Hunter

04/26/2022 21:46
    Title: Yew Ecology Survey Ticket Quest breaks when combined with Boundless runebag
    Reproduction Rate: Retrying now to get survey ticket
    Blocker?
    Details: When turning in quests to PEndro In Yew, I had the ecology survey ticket in inventory as well as the boundless runebag. Dialoge box let me pick Boundless runebag and completed that quest but after, My survey ticket was gone adm Pendro would only ask me one question when typing Research.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor (12) System RAM: 32699
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.Win.64.1525.Date.04.06.22
    Area: Novia_R1_Hills01_NecropolisEntrance
    Area Display Name: Necropolis Barrens
    Loc: (29.8, 70.4, -175.4)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfSGlsbHMwMV9OZWNyb3BvbGlzRW50cmFuY2V8fCgyOS43NywgNzAuMzczLCAtMTc1LjM1OSl8KDAsIC0wLjA0OCwgMCwgMC45OTkpfDM1NC41MzA5fDEwfDUuNzU4NDA2

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I'm not able to replicate this, following these exact steps, and kewords:

[8:08 AM] Greetings, Anpu. We have a great deal of wonderful items to trade today. However, if you're here for the survey, or to turn in a rune bag, please let me know.
    [8:08 AM] Anpu: rune bag
    [8:08 AM] Pendro: The Barbarians of the South Boundless Forest believe casting the runes from their rune bags will give them information and guidance for their daily lives. I will reward you each day you bring me a boundless forest rune bag.
    [8:08 AM] You receive 250 gold!
    [8:08 AM] You gained 16000 experience needed for skill development!
    [8:08 AM] You gave an item (Boundless Forest Rune Bag) to Pendro.
    [8:08 AM] You received the following (Maple Band, Common, Elven Brandy) from Pendro.
    [8:08 AM] Pendro: Thank you. I shall cast the runes later today at a time of my convenience. Our agreement remains in effect: Each day you bring me a new rune bag, I shall grant you an additional reward.
    [8:08 AM] Anpu: research
    [8:08 AM] Pendro: Thank you for agreeing to complete our survey.
    [8:08 AM] Anpu: survey
    [8:08 AM] Pendro: Some scholars travel across Novia gathering data on plants, animals, the weather, and more. Occassionally, they ask others to come here and answer survey questions. The answers can help hunters, farmers, and traveling merchants better plan for their future tasks. Because you have a ticket, I can begin asking you questions when you're ready.
    [8:09 AM] Anpu: question
    [8:09 AM] Pendro: I have three survey questions. Here is the first: How would you describe the beasts you encountered?
    [8:09 AM] Anpu: They were healthy and challenging foes.
    [8:09 AM] Pendro: Excellent information. We have two more questions.
    [8:09 AM] Pendro: For our survey: Did the creatures exhibit any behaviors that are uncharacteristic of their kind?
    [8:09 AM] Anpu: No. They seemed fairly typical.
    [8:09 AM] Pendro: Let me note that down... Done. There's one more question.
    [8:09 AM] Pendro: Last survey question: How would you describe the researcher who asked you to take this survey?
    [8:09 AM] Anpu: Well-mannered, enthusiastic, and friendly.
    [8:09 AM] Pendro: Very good... all questions have been answered! Thank you for your time. Whenever you're ready, we can exchange your ticket for compensation.
    [8:09 AM] Anpu: ticket
    [8:09 AM] Pendro: We scholars appreciate your answering our survey questions. Please surrender your survey ticket in order to receive compensation.
    [8:09 AM] You receive 500 gold!
    [8:09 AM] You gained 25600 experience needed for skill development!
    [8:09 AM] You gave an item (Survey Ticket) to Pendro.
    [8:09 AM] You received an item (Ring of the Frogkin, Common) from Pendro.
    [8:09 AM] Pendro: Here is your compensation, with my thanks.
    [8:09 AM] Anpu: Goodbye
    [8:09 AM] Pendro: Farewell.

Perhaps you just missed the correct sequence of keywords? Or possibly you chose the other responses (lie)?

Can you post your chat log with Pendro when you tried this? (Type /datafolder in game and look in the ChatLogs folder).

04/27/2022 08:03
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1525.Date.04.06.22
    Area: Novia_R9_City_Yew
    Area Display Name: Yew
    Loc: (30.9, 51.0, -12.7)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjlfQ2l0eV9ZZXd8fCgzMC45MzMsIDUxLjAzNiwgLTEyLjY5OCl8KDAsIC0wLjYwNSwgMCwgMC43OTcpfDMyOS4zMDIzfDMxLjIzMDE4fDE3Ljk5OTk4

3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

@Strider99 , I'm confused because if you didn't have the survey ticket then Pendro wouldn't be able to ask any questions at all. If you go back to Pendro now and say "question" to him, what is his reply? This information may help us start figuring out the issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.