Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

No water and flashing shadows

Discussion in 'Release 36 Bug Forum' started by steorrawulf, Dec 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steorrawulf

steorrawulf Avatar

Title: No water and flashing shadows
    Reproduction Rate: 80%
    Blocker? No, but it can really give me a headache
    Details:
    This started happening in release 35.
    After entering and leaving scenes 2 or 3 times, the water will disappear. I can see the bottoms of rivers and fish swimming in space.
    After about an hour of playing, lighted areas of the screen will start flashing. Usually it starts with a few flashes here and there, and gets worse as I play until the screen is flashing harshly like a strobe light. Sometimes it immediately starts flashing harshly after I change scenes.
    Both of these issues seem to happen at about the same time, and the more scenes I enter and leave, the worse it gets. The only way to improve the situation is to restart the game.

I have screenshots and video I would love to show you, but after two hours of trying to insert them on here and discovering that Flickr is garbage, I gave up.

Steps to Reproduce: Play for about an hour, entering and leaving at least 3 scenes (at least on my computer)
    User Specs:
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    Intel i7 930 @2.80GHz, 2801MHz, 4 core
    NVidia GeForce GTS 250 v342.00

2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Thanks. I uploaded mine to youtube which you can do for free, and you dont make it public you make them unlisted, then its easy. Im sure it might help. I have forwarded this for review 4/12/2016

3. steorrawulf

steorrawulf Avatar

4. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Wow, that flashing is a serious migraine inducer! I feel for you, Im really glad mine isnt doing that. Hopefully someone will find the answer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.