Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

No XP gain?

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by Hermann von Salza, Aug 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermann von Salza

Hermann von Salza Avatar

Is it possible to be in a lvl3 zone and not gain any XP on skeleton footmen? I have noticed the past couple days that XP has become like Gold, scanty.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

You can validate this hypothesis by locking all the skills on all trees, then try to see if you get any XP from the mob.

helm likes this.
  3. Last Trinsic Defender

Last Trinsic Defender Avatar

Yes - it's a bit unpredictable right now. You have yellow mobs in lvl 2 zone and get xp. You have orange mobs in lvl 4 zone and xp drops. Sure, it is a bit difficult with training skills, learning & unlearning or even staled progress. Dunno where it changed, but the xp-gain definitly changed.

4. Hermann von Salza

Hermann von Salza Avatar

I haven't but could, as I was seemly all of a sudden having a hard time with archers in Spectral Mountain, I went back to solace forest, and was watching my XP usage and after a few kills, I notice some spawn did not give me any XP after the kill because I am at zero nearly. but a couple did give like 450 xp or something to that effect. but when I confirmed that indeed some were not giving me XP, I logged out, so I figured you guys would know more about this, Already. but if you havent witness this and need to see it, Ill show ya

5. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I"ve read that there are some undead mobs that you don't get xp from until you loot.

6. Hermann von Salza

Hermann von Salza Avatar

Im about to log back in a minute, Ill check again. Thanks

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Lazlo like this.
  7. Hermann von Salza

Hermann von Salza Avatar

Lazlo, you are correct, the archers gave upon death as did large skeleton with the two handed sword, and zombies But the Footmen with shields, only gave upon clicking on the corpse.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Lazlo like this.
  8. Hermann von Salza

Hermann von Salza Avatar

and in all fairness, I am jut using up my XP faster than before at higher levels.

9. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

This is because your skills consume xp on use. A yellow creature generally has you using less skills, so they dont increase as much and the excess xp shows up in your pool. An orange creature generally has you using skills more so they gain more from your pool, and there ends up being less excess.

10. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

When fighting a more powerful mob, it will give you more XP when you manage to kill it, but you use more glyphs/attacks to kill it, you're also consuming more XP.

11. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

And this is where you have to learn what you are ding -
    The color of the Target is irrelevant to the zone - it is relevant to your level and your level alone. Some players in level "2" zones see red.

Now to learn what you are doing has to do with a few things; 1st what are you killing - they all have the same exp earned, second how many skills do you have set to gain - the more turned gain the more points you expend, third and MORE important is how long is the fight - if you kill in 3 hits you used 3 skills maybe a buff - - if you take 5 minutes to kill you used ALOT more skills and buffs and ate up a lot more points from your pool..

L e a r n h o w t o m a n a g e y o u r s k i l l s. when you learn you can always gain exp no mater where you fight.

12. Last Trinsic Defender

Cool post from above but .. excuse me .. you didn't quite understand me and therefor your post goes nowhere.

I played 1 day before patch at the same spot, with the same skills up and leveled the pool up.
    1 day after patch, same skills up, no level gain by me, same mobs ... and the pool goes down.

It's nice that you try to stand in front of the game-engine but this is useless - the gain of everything has been significantly turned down and denying that is lieing.
    Sorry - but that had to be said.

13. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

The xp pool is a number that your skills gain from on use. The creatures all have a constant xp that doesnt change. Your skills consume more xp per use as they increase. Some creatures were made tougher in some areas that would have you using more skills too

14. Last Trinsic Defender

Same skills, same mobs, same action, same level of my char, same equipment - 1 day pool up, next day pool down. Now understood?

15. Last Trinsic Defender

And that is not true. The xp-gain for the pool changed from before the patch to now.

16. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I meant while in the game, excluding balancing passes. One creatures gives a set ammount of xp

17. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

You frequently tell people to stop reporting bugs or providing feedback because the game isn't finished.

I think the opposite is true. It is because the game is still in development that we're supposed to report issues.

Quenton and Ice Queen like this.
  18. Last Trinsic Defender

You have been told at other threads already that discussing problems is part of testing. Always showing that sign proves nothing.
    If you want no discussion, pay back all the money, develop till finished and then ask again if players are willing to pay for this game.

On a sidenote: As housing is a immanent part of this game and housing is now persistent, the game has been launched. Don't care if it called alpha, pre-alpha, beta or closed. If important parts are started without idea of a future wipe, this is it. A point which should have been clear to experienced game-developers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.