Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Noob R18 Impressions

Discussion in 'Release 18 Feedback' started by Hezro, May 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hezro

Hezro Avatar

I haven’t checked out SotA in a while, decided to login and give the Robin hood hat a try.

In the tutorial it took me a while to figure out Z was the keyboard command I needed to get into fight mode. I could not attack the training dummy to save my life lol.

The graphics are coming along nicely. I am impressed by the artwork in the different scenes. The range of terrain is definitely something to look forward to!

I found the overland travel to be somewhat slow. The random monster encounters slowed travel down even more. Seemed like night time travel was guaranteed to fight something. For me the fun factor could be increased by dialing up the travel speed at least one click.

Is there a zone map? Minimap even? Figured everything I explored at least once should be in a map somewhere but I couldn’t find it. I had a couple paper maps in my inventory. Perhaps a menu to bring up all the paper maps so they don’t take up weight and inventory space would be in order. Maybe add in explored areas into that same category. It would also be helpful to change the names of places I’ve explored on the overland map into English. I ended up bringing up a separate computer to look at a you tube video to feel my way around the different zones.

The player city on the Tour was pretty much empty save buildings. Maybe hold off on having us visit until the scenes are populated with some useful resource. Merchants, trainers, mobs to kill, etc for example.
    I know you guys are still working on and tweaking the battle system and fight animations. The deck draw system does draw my attention to the cards rather than the fight animation. Hot button issue so I’ve read. Stick with it, stay stong, I know you guys will figure something out here.

Love the music! Love the graphics!

Good luck – I’m looking forward to checking out future pre-realeases!
    Weave

Leostemplar and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.