Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Not a bug] Failed crafting (cooking) attempt is blocking further crafting with those ingredients

Discussion in 'Release 37 Bug Forum' started by Widsith [MGT], Jan 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

Patch leel 534, but just started this morning, so is probably server side:

When I fail a recipe (Dragon Stew) during a run of more than 1 attempt, at least one of the ingredients that is retrieved from the table before the next attempt ends up highlighted red in the inventory window below. IIRC this means the move of the item has failed on the server side. Subsequent attempts at the recipe during the same or following runs will all fail, presumably since it can't get access to that ingredient. The only cure found is to relog, which is pretty ridiculous for any recipe that fails a lot.

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We are not seeing this issue when testing the failure of the recipe internally, with either individual or Batch crafting. Is this a 100% reproduction rate for you when you fail the recipe?

Moving this thread to the more appropriate Crafting section of the Bug Forums.

3. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

@Attenwood I have not seen this issue since the date posted, when it occurred repeatably. I'm assuming there was some sort of server side issue that was repeating a form of the old problem of items transferred between containers failing and resulting in 'red' items that could not be moved or used. In this case, the red item was in the crafting ingredients window and caused failure of any recipes that tried to use that ingredient.

Daxxe Diggler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.