Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Not a Bug] Night getting light REALLY early

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by ebalmeida, Apr 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ebalmeida

ebalmeida Avatar

20/04/2018 23:13
    Title:
    World Building: Ardoris - Night getting dark early and getting light REALLY early
    Reproduction Rate:
    100%
    Blocker:
    No
    Details:
    Sorry if this is WAD, I only started playing at launch but could see in the general forum that light levels at night have been discussed to exhaustion. THIS IS NOT ABOUT LIGHT LEVELS AT NIGHT. I noticed it playing in the very south of the map - Ardoris and the Perennial Coast - it seemed really strange to me that nights start early, being totally dark in the early evening and the sun should be up a quarter of the way when it still registers as late night. At first I though: hey, that's clever... it's a latitude thing. But then it hit me that I was running in winter, which means that if that was the case nights should simply be longer. Anyway, just tell me if I'm going crazy.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz (4) System RAM: 8106
    GPU: AMD Radeon R5 M230 GPU RAM: 2039
    SotA.QA.Win.64.666.Date.04.19.18
    Area: SiegeEncounter_Forest01_Road/Ardoris
    Area Display Name: Forest Siege
    Loc: (-43,9, 31,3, -111,3)
    Debug: U2llZ2VFbmNvdW50ZXJfRm9yZXN0MDFfUm9hZHxBcmRvcmlzfCgtNDMuODY3LCAzMS4yODMsIC0xMTEuMzMyKXwoMCwgMC42NjYsIDAsIDAuNzQ2KXw1OC40ODYwOXwtMTQuNjExNjd8MS4zMDgxNjQ=

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@ebalmeida, the times of day on the compass are going with how they originally designed the light levels, but they have made nights shorter since then. they know they don't match anymore; you're not crazy.

ebalmeida likes this.
  3. ebalmeida

ebalmeida Avatar

@Alley Oop Thanks! Should I change the topic to [Known] or just let it be?

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

known would mean they know it's a bug. it's not, technically: it's working as designed, for all that the design is weird. adding [Not a Bug] would be helpful!

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.