Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Not a bug] Road encounter with bandits kind of exploitable

Discussion in 'Release 39 Bug Forum' started by Spungwa, Mar 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

1. Title: Road encounter (didn't see which environment, forest though, may be plains road) with bandits
    2. Reproduction Rate:Everytime
    3. Blocker?No
    4. Details:With the Bandit encounter there is no ranged. So you can just strafe up and down the tiers and very easily kill everything ranged. This is because the pathing makes them go back and around. This makes this very easy to kill everyone without even getting hit. This is not so easy with skeletons as they have archers.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Stand on the middle tier just below the rock with the chest. face either road exit and strafe up and down each tier. This will make the mobs run backward towards the end, when they get near you strafe back up or down and they go back again. EASIEST FIX WOULD BE TO CHANGE SOME OF THE MOBS TO RANGED.
    6. User Specs:N/A

2. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

@Spungwa The types of enemies in these should be randomized. Sometimes you'll get more melee than range. In this case, you got lucky and got all melee. This is extremely rare, so you don't have to worry about it being an exploit.

Thank you for reporting though!

3. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

The plains road bandit encounters-- both normal and red sash-- in the Hidden Vale do not have mages or archers. I've gone through a good number of them, and have yet to encounter a ranged bandit type. I'd have to go to Novia to the verify the same on plains road bandit encounters over there.

4. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

@Traveller13 We've adjusted the spawning there so you should see different types of bandits in these encounters now. Let me know if you're still only getting one type.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.