Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

not being able to learn 1 mastery and maintain another

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Boradic Boneslasher, Feb 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boradic Boneslasher

Boradic Boneslasher Avatar

1. Title: Not being able to learn 1 mastery while maintain another
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker: No
    4. Details: I have learned earth magic mastery first then leveled it tp level 4 then put on maintain, at which point I went an learned taming mastery, I put taming mastery on learn an first use of skill to level taming mastery I lost a level in earth mastery. I tried switching earth mastery to learn and taming mastery on maintain an same effects happened. also I have a xp pool of 4723186 as of right now.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: go learn a mastery of 1 skill then level it a few levels, then put it on maintain. Once you have done the first skill mastery on maintain go learn a second mastery at which point put it learn an it will switch the first skill out of maintain an to unlearn while you learn in the new mastery.
    6. User Specs: SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Win.64.628.Date.02.15.18

Weins201 likes this.
  2. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

Same thing happened to me.

3. Lao Tzu

Lao Tzu Avatar

Any update on this? From the Release 51 Instructions Post:
    I'm having the same problem with Water Magic Specialization at Level 80. When I set it to "Maintaining" and change Life Magic Specialization to "Training," it automatically changes Water Magic Specialization to "Unlearning." So at least for these two choices, it is NOT possible to train one specialization and maintain a second one.

On the other hand, I heard that @DarkStarr said during a live Twitch feed last Friday that you could only have AT MOST ONE specialization. This seems to be at odds with the R51 Instructions.

- Lao Tzu

EDIT: Thanks to Barugon's post, I was able to figure out how to maintain Water Magic Specialization AND train Life Magic Specialization. However, the machinations necessary to do this seem HIGHLY non-intuitive. I have to set the first one to train, THEN set the second one to train? Then to switch them to both Maintain, I have to set BOTH to Unlearning before setting them to Maintain? Doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  4. Boradic Boneslasher

Boradic Boneslasher Avatar

I thought he said you can only have 1 specialization learning but you can have the second on maintain, or you can put them both on maintain , you just can not have 2 specializations on learn.

5. Baene Thorrstad

Baene Thorrstad Avatar

I've discovered that with Bludgeon and Shield at least, if I set one to Train, the other will set to Unlearn, as it says in the docs, "Setting one to Train sets all others to Unlearn", however, I can go and set the other to Maintain, and the other one will stay as Training.

So, when changing your one you want to train:

1) Set Spec A to Training, this causes Spec B to be set to Unlearn
    2) Set spec B to Maintain, Spec A will remain Training

Works for me switching between Shield and Bludgeon Specs anyway...

Fruck likes this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

When you change a specialization to Training, all other specializations that are set to Maintaining will be changed to Unlearning. If you have a specialization set to Training and you toggle another specialization to Training then the previous one will be set to Maintaining. So, you have to do a bit of juggling: set the skill that you ultimately want to maintain to Training then set the skill you want to train to Training.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.