Not sure where to post, not a bug, an annoyance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by doug200463, Dec 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doug200463

doug200463 Avatar

Just a few things i have noticed about the game that turn me off to it. Ill update as i find more. And i apologize in advance if i mention something that is still incomplete, or in the works, ect. This is Feedback and no way a bash on the game, this is not intended for players to comment on, but for teh devs to consider. Thanks

1. The inability to look around while walking is annoying.
    2. character movement feels clunky.. needs to be more realistic
    3. Would like to eventually be able to walk and turn by using the mouse, holding both mouse buttons down to walk and turn.
    4. Mouse sensitivity slider would be nice, at current, it take way too much mouse movement to turn around
    5. No jumping?
    6. No area maps? Town Maps? (ya know hit "m" for a map of your current location)

BillRoy likes this.
  2. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

3. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

Basically there needs to be a key that toggles mouse look.

BillRoy and jondavis like this.
  4. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

licemeat and BillRoy like this.
  5. jondavis

jondavis Avatar

this may be more of a bug but I got some of the furniture sitting half way into a wall and sitting on top of each other
    plus I got physically stuck

and is there a torch somewhere to give some light at night?

6. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

are you sure? I thought I was doing that... oh you mean you don't want to run in the direction you are looking in. because you can move the camera while running, but then it steers your character that direction. I've found other games that do that, I like it. It makes sense... you are seeing what your character would see in that direction, not looking behind you while running forward.

I think its a "feature".

Also.. I hope we don't get maps... no m for maps anyway, maybe you can buy a map and open it to see areas, but not where you are.. not without the right skills... then maybe you can make maps of where you are.

7. jondavis

jondavis Avatar

Do we lose furniture when we switch houses?
    Or if I find the house I had my stuff in before will it still be there?
    Deer was walking through a few the walls and my dresser did not slow him down at all he walked right over it.
    It would be nice to have a sheath for carrying around the sword.
    I can't carry the candle for light.
    And twice now I've gotten stuck at the entrance to a house I bought.

8. Montaigne

Montaigne Avatar

Mouse look and moving seems to be working fine for me and other people. Must be an intermittent bug.

9. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

Its a feature alright, of my neck.

I walk forward, and at the same time, can turn my head 90 degrees and look to the left or right.

Standard feature is more apt.

Mouse move? or mouse look?

Mouse move is what we have now, walk forward, hold right+click and move mouse == you move in the direction of the newly calculated forward vector based on the mouse movement.

Mouse look == move forward, some key/mouse-click combo, turn your head, like in real life, to look at things to the left or right of your forward traveling vector.

10. Vagabond Sam

Vagabond Sam Avatar

I agree that Mouse look (without changing direction) is pretty important.

For now I'm chalking it up to alpha but I feel I have a better perception of my surroundings in real life then a character that can only look in the same direction they are moving.

It'd be a mistake for it to not appear later.

11. Montaigne

Montaigne Avatar

I think you are getting a little mixed up or not making yourself clear. You move with the keyboard and you look by moving the mouse. The keybinding and mouse features are not available to customise at present, perhaps. You will be able to customise them in a later release, I would guess. Sorry if I have misunderstood what you are saying.

Hal likes this.
  12. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

You have.

Get up from your chair, walk down the nearest stretch of straight path, and as you continue walking forward, turn your head to the left or right. Mouse look.

What we have in game is: you move along the forward vector, the forward vector being established by whatever the mouse+rightclick has aimed.

We want to move along a forward vector, and turn our heads (mouse look) while staying along the initial forward vector.

That is where you have the Q and E keys which are currently useless if used at the same timeas the mouse+rightclick.

They cancel each other out. Separate them so I can use the keyboard to fully move, and the mouse+rightclick to look around independent of my keyboard use.

Every game engine I've used since probably 2008+ has this ability, and looking at unity scripts, its about 6 lines of code.

And if you dont want that, make it an option.

13. Montaigne

Montaigne Avatar

Sorry not sure what you are on about but I'm sure that if it is a mainstream feature that it will be included in a later build. On my system the mouse-look ability and key controls work just like any other game out there.

14. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

Walking forward only ever goes in a straight line in the direction your head is facing.

Your head can not independently move left or right while simultaneously walking forward. If you turn, your head does not turn, your entire body does. <--- SOTA

Not sure what games you play, but everything from black ops II to 6 year old lotro have the ability to move both independent of each other, like, ya know, a human head.

15. draykor darkale

draykor darkale Avatar

Yes mouse look was much needed, I'm sure it will get added.

Time Lord likes this.
  16. sakuraba

sakuraba Avatar

I agree Joviex.

I need to be able to press W twice for auto run.
    and while running in THAT direction I want to look left and right without changing my running direction.

Gotta keep my eyes peeled so I don't get flanked :)

Time Lord and Joviex like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.