1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Notebooks

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by BovineStarfish, Feb 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BovineStarfish

BovineStarfish Avatar

I really thought the book system in this game was great and i enjoy being able to create a book in game that other people can read. One thing that should be added is just a simple notebook that you can write in at any time and save it without having to publish it and be locked. I wanted to create a journal for harvesting and take notes of how much i get, the cost it takes and where i get the seeds etc. among many other uses. It could even be an exact copy of a book but just renamed and able to edit at anytime. Im not sure if its in the game or not but even be able to place these books anywhere in the world for other people to come across without needing permission to do so.

2. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

this needs to be in game asap!

Anything to reduce alt tabbing!

(this might be applicable to the future journal update? great if was in game before)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    Damian Killingsworth likes this.
  3. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I too wish for this, hence my original post: In-game Notes

Let's make this happen!

4. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Keep in mind this game was designed and developed by gamers from an era where it was hip and cool to have your own, physical, IRL notebook that you wrote things down in, with a real, physical, IRL pencil.

Im surprised they even gave us dungeon maps :)

Fister Magee likes this.
  5. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Understood, but immersion was also a thing here... and I hate either taking notes on a physical notepad, or a text document on my desktop (alt-tab). Give us something real (read: virtual) for our avatars to hold on to and write in.

Damian Killingsworth likes this.
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

This has been suggested many times, however with the new LUA system added, once read and write functions work with LUA, this actually could be something the community could actually provide.

And able to use the existing art in game (like the book art) and game fonts. That would need to be added as well.

7. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

If that is what will happen (Player-created Lua scripts that make a note journal), then that is sad. Especially because I can't misplace it within my bank/chests. I want something 'real' (read: virtual) to hold.

8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

That functionality could probably be added to LUA, but I don’t know the complications of that.

I do however wish that an editable player journal should however exist in the base game. I have wanted that for years.....

9. BovineStarfish

BovineStarfish Avatar

another thing i thought might be cool is the whole idea of being able to place a book down in someones house on the table or just in the world somewhere that they can discover it. This would go along with the player made NPC questing they wanted to do. This book could start off a whole adventure or draw random people to someones made dungeon and give them quests to accomplish and right down clues inside that same book for puzzles or ways to avoid traps.

craftymethod likes this.
  10. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

I would LOVE to find a book placed by a stranger somewhere... perhaps by a tree in the middle of nowhere?

Kinda thing we are all here to see, at least one object being placed per char into the world would seem cool... instancing might allow more eventually? for what time period?

11. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

This leads to guestbooks without extra guestbook tech. Well done.

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.