Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Lord Andernut, Jan 17, 2017.
Congratz on the baby @Lord Andernut
Congratulations on the new little avatar!
Congratulations on your new baby!
Congrats on your new baby old friend!
I'd like to say I'm kind of obsessed with NBM, I love this place and I love going here, I'm actually here most of the day now haha. I claimed a row lot in the northern area of the map, which happened to be the only available house listed at the time, I'm actually pretty happy with the location, even though I probably could have waited and found one in a more developed area of the town, but I have high hopes for this location and would love to find out what you have in mind for the 12 row house's center here. If the center of the rows end up being cleared I'll have a perfect view of the light house and pirate ship. <3 I'm confident this area is going to look very awesome, the circle in the middle of the rows is a very large area so it has a lot of potential for amazing deco. =)
I must visit this place ~TL~
Your announcement of your new baby is so wonderful. Congradulations!!!
We're happy and healthy over here, baby is doing wonderfully and seems easier than the first was at this age. Of course there's now 2 of them and 2 of us, so we have our hands full - but I thought it might be time for an update with (some of) the things going on in New Britannian Market.
1) The Marble Market area of town now has been upgraded with some shiny Expert Crafting Stations as a second crafting area for POT residents (replete with banker and crafting supplies merchant). This is thanks to some timely assistance by a resident of NBM, @Dereck Visaard.
2) "Birdhenge" aka the ring of stones with 17 Edelmann Birdbaths was replaced with a Garden approach through to the Oracle as a bit more of an open approach. I have solicited donations and sales of Edelmann Birdbaths, New Britannian Market thanks @Cristiano Kimberlin for his contribution.
3) I did a little overdo housekeeping in town with relocating some less active players and evicting a couple of others. These lots filled up pretty much instantly, with the exception of 2 village lots where I'm awaiting the right type of vendor - being pretty careful with core village lots that take a house due to the demand for these in NBM.
That said, there are some amazing centrally located village lots that currently situated with the roads in the centre of town - this means, no house! But you can set up a pair of vendors and some decorations along the road and you are sure to attract traffic. PM for details
4) Went around replacing some of my older streetlamps with upgraded Ornate Wooden Streetlamps, thank-you to @Wextel and the League of Traders Guild, for this and for your assistance in other areas of town.
5) Thank-you to residents who have donated raw materials such as wood, granite, ore and even COTO's to help build out our town. @Fiero has a great little corner on the marble market by the Museum and is leading the town on wood and granite donated
6) Looking forward to some events happening at @Valkaryie 's new open-air Tavern, Stage & Dance-Floor, they have recently set up near the LoT guild hall facing the river.
7) I gave the museum a little TLC. I need to redo the earlier floors but the rare armors and weapons floor of the museum (4th Floor) is showing promise as we get more placeable items it will start to become the most impressive floor of the museum and spark renovations of the lower levels!
-Delegate some administrative things such as updating SotAMap with the recent traffic.
-(Obtain Village-sized Moondial for the Observatory on the roof of the museum?)
- Build out the Southern side of town, find a guild that might like a city lot+airship for their base of operations (and vendoring). Alternatively replace the airship with a town and some village lots to pull in that side of town.
- Updated Screenshots and a Vendor Listing still.
From Eyeballing the town recently it appears we are sitting around 100 vendors above 90% active at any given time, but I continue to keep an eye on activity. We all want a beautiful and active town - which means evictions happen, though I've been pretty lenient especially to the early settlers of NBM.
All of this is wonderful, Lord Andernut! Baby Andernut and family especially.
I'm really grateful to be part of such a bustling market city and one that looks so incredible. Very inviting and nice to walk around. The parks, museum and those who aren't as stubborn as I and don't insist on having a building for their vendors make for a unique place to work and shop.
We all appreciate what you do to help us and New Britannia!
Very happy for the family! And glad to be a small part of the town. @Lord Andernut sets the bar high for town governors and NBM is a fine example of a master-planned market and community.
Didn't you have a keep sized moondial? Place somewhere here, 1000000 granite blocks later and we have a real show stopper!
The Keep Sized Moondial was borrowed from someone so I could "try it on for size."
I'd love to put one up again on the mountain on the river but my budget didn't allow for it. Maybe if we create a 1m granite block structure to support it I'll be convinced?
If it had fit on top of the Museum I would have skipped the second crafting tables and gotten the moondial
Hmm, how many granite blocks can I mine or buy? Let me get back on that, first I have to help Bowen get his up and running but then I'll start on the 1000000 granite blocks
If you have any village lots left (even without housing) and are accepting residents, I'd be interested in one.
I've sent you a PM.
Thanks keep poking me once in awhile - I'm a little behind on requests I've seen your PM and I'll make some room for you
450000 blocks, still grinding away!
Darn! checked my blocks and half have started to crumble away. Should have used granite instead of sandstone!
So, quite awhile since the last update, we are over 100 players and vendors and I've maxed out the lot footage of the Metropolis.
I was very excited to crowd out the harbour with ships and we now have 5 frigates/galleons, 1 houseboat and 2 village water homes and a lighthouse in the bay.
Some are taken, some are placeholders.
-We have two great village locations available in the central section of the city. 1 near Womby & Vyrin's bookstore in the marble market. 1 near the Lodge of Traders enclave.
-We have two village lots that will permit 2 vendors, these are outdoor lots only right on the sidewalk in the core of the town. Great vendor locations - but no house!
-In the harbour we have a town lot on the island, a city water lot on the bay and a village and town lot also on the bay.
Now is a great time to get involved in one of the most visited and prosperous regions in the game. I do check activity, and you might get shifted outside the core if you're not playing (we're not a sleeper town!).
If you don't have a lot deed or (or even vendor deed) but you'd like to place a vendor please send me a PM I'll be happy to help you set up!
Next update will have pictures and more exciting news, I've been working on quite a few projects of late!
Okay, I drafted out some of the new areas on sotamap. The new enclave of row housing at the north still has spots to claim as well, and the south is very picturesque on the water.
Small call out for support - Any NBM Residents or anyone who would like to help, we're building out the docks and rowboats. It takes 60 boards, 6 metal bindings and 6 metal sheets for a dock, it takes 50 boards and 5 metal bindings for a boat.
Docks as in water platforms? If so I'll whip one up and drop it off tonight.
Separate names with a comma.