Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Now that we have more interesting potions

Discussion in 'Release 38 Feedback Forum' started by Poor game design, Jan 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

We need a place to put potions that is NOT on the combat bar.

We need an extra "potion" slot that holds just ONE potion of our choosing. Otherwise, who is going to take a random potion they find and purposely put that ONE potion into their deck? Almost no one.

Maybe we allow potions to be equipped on the belt slot? (once you use one then you have to reequip a new one?)

I think that's how it should work. You equip a potion on your character belt slot, and it appears as an option to quick press during combat. But it's only one potion no matter how many you have in your inventory and you can't "reload" until combat is over.

2. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

And what about belt slot for new item which is useful for archers ? Archers would not use potions or sash ?
    Why not in combat slot ? More DPS or more durability, everybody choose by himself..

3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I think archers would use potions the same as anyone else.

I think people can still put multiple potions in a combat slot, but because it seems like if you just picked up a potion you're not going to do that, why not offer a "quick slot" where you can just throw it on to your belt and use it at will?

EDDYCORP likes this.
  4. uhop

uhop Avatar

I was hoping that a belt can host another band of easily-accessible slots.

5. Net

Net Avatar

I think we should have separate bar for consumables. Potions, Immortality Fruit, Food, Smelling Salts... things that do not really belong to deck but are useful at times. I could imagine having bit more than just one.... though in case of potions I would like the effects of toxicity they were talking about in early development, when too many potions will make you retch up and you lose all buffs they provided.

Numa, Preachyr and GreyMouser Skye like this.
  6. Crazy Phil

Crazy Phil Avatar

That is an extremely creative repurposing of that empty slot. I love it! :)

7. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

I second this. There are enough consumables in the game now that we should have a bar for them.. make it a short bar even, like only 4 slots or whatever number makes it an interesting choice. I mean we have a number of different potion types, food, fruits, salts, plus other stuff to come I hope, so having a consumables bar with limited slots, and putting an appropriate cooldown on it would be good.

Net and Numa like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.