Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

npc archers

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by Xi_, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

they are still to powerful, either make them easier or worth more xp, because right now the whole'green mob' should be easy for a noob tactic is a total failure.

Nhili Dragon and Brent Sasz like this.
  2. agra

agra Avatar

That's what happens when you balance content around broken mechanics for more than 6 months. Reap? Meet Sow, I'm sure you'll be very happy together. :(

Magos likes this.
  3. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I have seen people say that the big problem with NPC archers is that they get about 90% crit hits when they should only get 9%. Fun, fun, fun!

Nhili Dragon, Magos and Xi_ like this.
  4. danjacobsmith

danjacobsmith Avatar

I would rather see the other mobs come up. Currently people think archers do too much damage because they're used to having the mages hit you for basically nothing. You can stand in front of them for 12 hours and not die with a little healing.

We all know there's a short list of monsters that actually work and are a risk, such as archers and ghosts. Then there's dozens of others creature types that need to have their damage output increased by at least 200 percent, some of them 500 percent.

Why form groups when 1 person can clear a whole zone because half the monsters are broken? Do skeleton mages and lich mages actually do damage BTW?

GreyMouser Skye and Weins201 like this.
  5. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

it's my fault there worth crap xp?

i am so done with these forums because of people like you.

6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Same problem as before it is not the archer it is the target :rolleyes:

You made the exact same post last release and it was pointed out that there is a way to fight them. Not over doo it do not let them get behind you . . . . .

I am sorry you do not adjust your play style and want the game to adjust to you.

The archers are GtG like another guy said they need to make other critters tougher.

Still a lot of balancing to come, but.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Are they still using short bows but doing longbow damage?

Elwyn likes this.
  8. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

Actually it's only archers, once ghosts start turning orange and yellow they turn into yummy xp morsels.

Archers continue to be a problem long after. ghost are on farm status.
    Even multiple green archers can be dangerous still.

Mages do solid damage when they are orange or high yellow, but as soon as you outlevel them they do mostly trivial damage, just like any non-boss melee or magic mob.

Also complaining about 1 person clearing out entire zones.. it isn't our fault we've been in the same 5 skull areas for 30 levels.
    We would happily move on if there was some content to move on to that didn't require a ton of people to soak up archer damage (choke point farming), or Really high level to farm (The rise).

Xi_ likes this.
  9. MetricPig

MetricPig Avatar

have you picked up your dex at all?

10. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

I think archers need to come down a little while melee goes up a little. Right now archers benefit from range + damage. If there is more than one of them, the time to go from archer to archer can eat you alive. On the same token, I'm generally able to ignore a melee guy for a while to chase a single archer (when level appropriate). But it is far easier to handle two melee than two archers.

Nhili Dragon likes this.
  11. danjacobsmith

danjacobsmith Avatar

Just as an update. It appears they agreed with me when it comes to mages and lich mages. Both have had their damage increased. It's still pretty modest, but at least they can hurt you now.

I actually have to heal myself sometimes when fighting them now.

Elwyn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.