NPC Buildings

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Cypher Black, May 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

Can we please have the designation "NPC Building" removed from devotionals so that we can place some of the other NPC buildings available to us for town deco, without punishing the people who live in our towns by forcing them to go elsewhere to get the buffs?

(In this area you can imagine my explanation as to why this is a sound idea)

Thanks

Cypher Black

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I think the original point was not to have all buffs in all towns, but to have towns choose what devotional(s) to serve (just like we see in primary towns). Obviously metropolises break this. And I appreciate what you are saying about 'convenience.' But, to me at least, the 'game' is in having to choose one, not the ability to spam all of them in an uncreative line up everywhere. Too much of something makes it less special.

3. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

Well. If that is the case, then the fix is to limit the number of devotionals placable in a town to 'x', regardless of the town size. This would then allow for the use of the other NPC buildings. Though, now that everyone has enjoyed the convenience of one-stop buffing, I do not think it would be easy to put the genie back in the bottle.

Cypher Black

Beaumaris and Spoon like this.
  4. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

This has been requests before and, so far, they are reluctant to do that. As mentioned they want pot owners to have to make choices, and that includes what building and devoti9nals they can put up. It adds variety.

5. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

I see it similar to @Beaumaris. You have a set number of NPC buildings and you cannot have all buildings in your PoT. This way the PoT-owner or the citizens of the PoT have to decide what they would like to have in their town...plain and simple.
    I guess the basic idea is that this way avatars will have to move around to get all benefits and not stick all day long in just one PoT. As far as I remember that is also the reason why devotionals creates sieges as some kind of compensation for the benefit the devotionals offer.

I personally hope the devs will add in the future episode even more NPC buildings to enlarge the differences between PoTs…e.g. by adding anti-devotionals with different kind of buffs or larger buildings that consumes more than one NPC-building slot.
    Maybe the devs could even gentle force the PoTs to specialize by offering benefits if specific NPC buildings can be found in a PoT. E.g. for each guard tower in town the buff of the devotional of honor gets slightly higher than normal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.