NPC Conversation Options?

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Dark Wombat, May 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Wombat

Dark Wombat Avatar

Whilst I enjoy typing in things like "name" and "job" in classic Ultima games, and I get the nostalgia, will there at least be an option to have a drop down menu so you can click on the things you can say?

Don't get me wrong, I am as nostalgic as the next person but I much prefer Ultima VII's style. There should be an option to choose.

2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

From what I have heard, Lum (the dev in charge of the conversation system) relented, and provided the ability to click on the keywords that appear underlined in the chat log.

That leaves you with only having to type out the word that begins the conversation chain.

This coming weekend you should try it out and see whether that is sufficiently acceptable. :)

3. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

The conversation system isn't menu driven, instead it is keyword driven. NPCs react to specific keywords that can be typed in or clicked on. Keywords that can be clicked on appear as bold text when seen in the chat box, they don't appear in a menu. NPC responses also appear as speech bubbles over the head of the npc, but there aren't any keyword embellishments in the speech bubble text.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.