Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

NPC Merchants Need to Move Less / Not Cancel Open Windows for Sleep

Discussion in 'Release 45 Feedback Forum' started by Lifedragn, Sep 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

I have had near continuous trouble with NPC merchants, particularly one Christoph Schneider from whom I visit for tailoring recipes and wax in Ardoris.

Nine times out of ten I will track him down to find him not in his shop, but somewhere outside. I shall open the shop window and begin making transactions only for him to suddenly close it and decide now was the time for him to sprint back into his shop.

Just now I was trying to round out my cloth armor recipes, going item by item to ensure I had them all. Two minutes later I have finished and remembered maybe I should add a loom shuttle and some wax to my purchase. So I pop up and drag over a shuttle and then drag down to find the wax and poof, the window closes and he runs off to sleep for the night.

That is not immersive fun. That is infuriatingly unrealistic. The shopkeep should allow for presently opened windows to conclude. Maybe not allow for new ones. But they shouldn't force close existing ones. Most people would expect a shopkeep to wrap up existing transactions not just boot you out. These guys are small business owners, not United Airlines.

Edit: Oh, he didn't go to sleep, he ran outside to do martial arts in the street. Even better... :mad:

2. Gix

Gix Avatar

Everybody loves kung-fu fighting...

Seriously, though, I'm surprised this hasn't been addressed yet. It's been like this even before they added schedules to the NPCs with their idle walk.

the trade window should send a "wake up" signal to the server every time the player changes listing tabs and/or when he/she adds/removes an item in the transaction list. That should prevent anyone from holding up an NPC indefinitely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.