NPC / PRT Lot Deed limit - still in place?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Caernarvon, Jan 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caernarvon

Caernarvon Avatar

In a livestream, maybe 12-18 months ago now, I asked Chris about the 3 lot limit in PRT/NPC towns (i.e. NON-POT towns such as Soltown or Kingsport) and if it could be removed, and if I recall and understood correctly both he and others suggested that the limit was no longer in place. In fact I'm fairly certain at least one person in the stream said they had more than 3 lots in a non-POT location.

Earlier today I purchased a fourth PA deed to expand my little PRT empire, only to my dismay to get a message about 3 lot deeds per game account when trying to claim a fourth lot in the same PRT.

So I'm a little bemused!

If this limit is still in place and shouldn't be, or is deemed no longer necessary... is there any chance it could be removed in a future patch?

It's a barrier to expanding my tiny little empire in a corner of Novia, and ultimately is a barrier to me spending more real-world money on growing that little empire in the future.

I can understand the limit once upon a time, but is this limit still necessary, especially as the game has evolved over recent years with a huge number of POT's out there, and a lot of half-empty or less PRT's.

I know I could just go and place it in a POT somewhere, and I do have lot deeds down in POT's currently, and will likely expand my setup in the future in that regard, but this query is specifically with regards to PRT's.

Thanks in advance if any of the team catch wind of this and look into.

Happy New Year everyone!

2. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Pretty sure this limit is not going to changed considering NPC spots are very limited and all new NPC towns will not longer have players so the spots are very limited now.

3. Caernarvon

Caernarvon Avatar

Are they very limited though Xee?

I ask because as I stated in my OP, there are quite a few NPC towns that are half-empty - including one that both you and I reside in - where there are unclaimed lots all over, and some NPC towns I've visited where there are only a handful of lots claimed within. It seems its only the big obvious NPC towns such as the various Brittany zones, Soltown, Ardoris, Kingsport and Owl's Head that are chock-a-block.

Again, I'm curious as I recall Chris answering that this limit was no longer in place - or at least "he thought it wasn't" or something along those lines.

Wilfred likes this.
  4. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

let me take another stab at this... there are many spots in less desirable npc towns :) most people want to be near the central hub because that is where the markets all are. Same goes for towns where new players are... but way out in the sticks there are many that have room because they are not located near anything specific that would prompt someone to want to live there.... guess we will see if he changes it, but he did state in ep2 there would be no player houses in the towns or a the very least very limited spots. I must have missed the stream where it was mentioned that it would change :)

Wilfred and Caernarvon like this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You can claim 3 lots in NPC towns. POTs are unlimited.

6. Caernarvon

Caernarvon Avatar

Yeah I hear you. I asked him it maybe about 18 months ago now as I didn't play for a good chunk of last year, so I guess late 2019, he said something along the lines of he didn't think it was in place any more and somebody else even chimed in that they had more than 3 in a single town - though judging by my experience today I'm guessing they thought POT as opposed to NPC/PRT. It's not a massive biggie for me either way if the limit stays, I shall either just create another account to facilitate it, or just focus on more POT deeds which I was planning on anyways.

7. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

With the teleporter rework that has been done, and hopefully more enhancements are planned, the more out-of-the-way NPC cities should start opening up as they can easily be incorporated into the trade network of any of the major trade POTs. Since there are no plans to get trainers in POTs to my knowledge and getting training dummies to work in POTs is still a long way out, I think findings ways to encourage people to populate the dead NPC cities is something that should be encouraged.

Considering that a single player was able to completely take over Brittany Alleys with alts, I don't think there really is a point in keeping the hard set rule of limiting 3-NPC lots per account, though I understand it in principle.

The problem is that there are certain spaces that are, for one reason or many, deemed valuable, and there are unfortunately players willing to kill an NPC city by just holding lots waiting for the right IRL cash offer for the space, which the 3-per account limit was designed to mitigate. This is the primary issue with Soltown and Ardoris, these are the first NPC cities new players encounter and in my opinion sets a negative perspective on cities.

In theory NPC cities in the new player areas should be welcoming to new players, and there should be desirable reasons to want to occupy out of the way NPC cities. How to accomplish this, and then identifying and implementing a functional solution, is much harder, unfortunately.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  8. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I'd be happy if just the PRT limit was removed. Those things are worse ghost towns than even the least loved NPC town.

EDIT: It's been a while, now I remember that it's the Place Anywhere requirement that I think should be removed for PRTs. Just exempting PRTs from the 3 lot limit really wouldn't be all that useful.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    Retlaw likes this.
  9. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Account based restriction doesn't seem sensible as accounts are free. Maybe originally when there was a box price that made a little more sense.

Wilfred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.