Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

NPCs have disappeared from my PoT

Discussion in 'Release 27 Bug Forum' started by Scraps MacMutt, Feb 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

All of the NPCs have disappeared from my PoT (The Highlands). I was able to place a new banker that I got from the town crier but it won't let me place any more NPCs because I've reached the limit for my town. It's like the missing NPCs are still counting against the total. The missing NPCs were not returned to the bank/crier, they're just gone.

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We are investigating this issue. I'm currently in the town The Highlands and I see many NPCs standing in front of buildings and in them. Is it possible you might have logged into a different instance that wouldn't have them? Toss me a message the next time you're in game because I'd like to see what you're seeing. We can currently see quite a few NPCs. : /

Scraps MacMutt likes this.
  3. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

Okay, that's odd. I entered the Highlands from the world map so I don't understand why there would be 2 instances of the scene, or one without the NPCs.

I did travel to the Barrowlands, which is connected, then back to the Highlands, and I also restarted my client, but still no NPCs.

I'll check it again next time I'm online. I'll try going back to the world map to see if that resets the town scene for me.

4. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

@Attenwood I logged back in and the NPCs were all back, including the one I added in the alternate universe. Weird. :confused:

5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Selective NPC-Multiplayer :)

6. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

@Attenwood Nope, it's still buggy. I zoned to the Barrowlands and back to the Highlands and now both bankers are gone along with the NPCs inside the crafting shop. However, the NPCs I placed outside the shops are still there.

7. Attenwood

We think we have a repro case to investigate cases of missing NPCs from load. There are a handful of POT-specific loading bugs that we're diving into to fix asap. Thank you for your patience and keep us up to date if you continue to observe weirdness.

Scraps MacMutt likes this.
  8. Attenwood

We've observed some selective loading patterns based on how people are entering the scene. For instance, I as a dev using my commands to directly pop into your scene could see all of your NPCs, but once I used the manual teleporters to leave the scene and return, I observed them missing. We're working on isolating and fixing this issue as we speak.

9. Alecs_Graham

Alecs_Graham Avatar

The NPCs in Morkradd are gone as well..

10. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I've had this happen in Rats Nest (TODAY), had to reload into the game to get them to appear again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.