NPCs re-selling what was sold to them

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Razimus, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

I'd like to vote for NPCs that remember what was sold to them indefinitely, not forgetting 1 minute or 24 hours later but remembering what was sold to them, giving other players a chance at buying that piece of garbage 'low level magic gauntlets' or whatever it may be.

It's 1 feature that I remember seeing in games of old but notice most modern day RPGs leave it out, it's something to look forward to, so you go to the Armor NPC and see nothing good the first 50 times, but on time 51 you find exactly that you were looking for, it gives the game a little silver lining that doesn't exist if NPCs can't remember or re-sell items that were sold to them.

2. Owain

Owain Avatar

I would prefer it if things obtained as drops was of far inferior quality than player crafted gear. The drops could be sold for gold, or salvages for raw materials, but I'd rather support the neighborhood crafter rather than some NPC.

3. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Owain, NPC drops will be both superior and inferior to crafted gear. To assume otherwise comes off a little weird. Have you ever played a game where the NPC remembered what was sold to them? It's 100x funner to find some gem that was carelessly sold to the NPC, this helps the lower level/experience/tier players. I'm guessing you haven't, well I guess it's hard to explain to those who can't compare from first-hand experiences, but there will be poor-crafters just as there will be experienced ones, there will be low level drops just as there will be high level ones, so your reply is a bit funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.