Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Obsidian Forge - Cannot make Items

Discussion in 'Release 28 Bug Forum' started by Weins201, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Since I cant find recipes I tried using other recipes and just substituting Obsidian Ingots for stuff like, Hilts, Sword Blades, Hammer Heads, Halberds, and Bindings and not one of those items gave me the craft option :-(

Ah well If anyone else got lucky please post recipe and results

TY

2. Noric

Noric Avatar

They have different recipes. I was not interacting with 1st hand and do not know recipes.

3. Noric

Noric Avatar

Looks like sotacraft has recipes posted already

4. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

I've been able to find several recipes already in various locations in the Hilt fortress, however, I have been unable to get the forge working for me.
    1. Cleared area of creatures before using
    2. Double clicked on it and nothing happened
    3. Opened up my recipe book, checked the Iron Ingots recipe and it indicated that I had all the ingredients. Double clicked on that recipe repeatedly and nothing happens.

5. Andrew Rodrick

Andrew Rodrick Avatar

@ashmaul has been able to craft full plate sets and an assortment of weapons.

As Noric mentioned he's already updated sotacraft.com with the recipes ;)

6. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

The obsidian forge is not a normal metal forge. It can ONLY be used to make obsidian items from the specialized obsidian recipes.

You can make obsidian ingots, but not iron ones.

7. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Yes, that is correct. But I am unable to get it working. I have over 300 obsidian chips in my inventory and I have all of the ingredients to make Obsidian ingots, but have been unable to make the forge work.

Edit: I am trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. I know others have succeeded.

Edit2: Finally got the forge to highlight green and then open up the menu. Won't be able to make anything today because of lag. Everything is too slow for me to react fast enough before the mob is on me. Hope this doesn't have anything to do with the DDOS attacks I read about earlier in another thread.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  8. Thud

Thud Developer Emeritus

The Obsidian Forge is a strange and exotic artifact.
    By design it can only be used to work Obsidian, not more mundane or less... malevolent materials.
    Note that the Forge also takes several seconds to gather power before it can start its work, and the would-be crafter must stand very close and endure its power while it "charges up". If you flee and back away it will power down and the process must be restarted. When the column of reddish light emanating from the forge is at it's brightest, it should become usable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.