Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Obsidian Forge shows wrong vermillion lens recipe, says 5 coal instead of 10

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Kelly O'Shay, Feb 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

02/17/2019 12:24
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 12212
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 GPU RAM: 2007
    SotA.Win.64.916.Date.02.15.19
    Area: Novia_R3_Hills02_Hilt_Interior/Quest
    Area Display Name: Hilt Fortress
    Loc: (64.6, -79.4, -132.3)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfSGlsbHMwMl9IaWx0X0ludGVyaW9yfFF1ZXN0fCg2NC42MzUsIC03OS40MjksIC0xMzIuMzIyKXwoMCwgLTAuMzA1LCAwLCAwLjk1Mil8LTkwLjIwMDJ8NTYuNjU1MzN8MTQuNTgwMjk=

On the overworld or in cities my recipe book says it takes 10 coal to make the vermillion lens from the three fragments. But, when I finish killing the elementals and get on the obsidian forge and pull it up, it shows that only 5 are needed.

As an experiment I went in with only 5 coal. Funny thing, the crafting has never failed on any of my other alts, but this time it did fail and I was left with 0 coal.

Went back in and crafted it starting with 20 coal this time, and ended up with the lens and 15 coal.

It seems to work fine if you bring ten or more coal. The only time I have seen it fail to craft is when I brought less than ten coal.

But, it still would be nice if the obsidian forge showed the correct recipe.

Here I am before going in with 5 coal:
    [​IMG]

Here I show that the obsidian forge brings up the recipe wrong. It says it only needs 5 coal. But, when I click craft, it fails to craft it and it uses up the 5 coal that I brought in.

Here I am later after I took in 20 coal and successfully crafted the lens:
    [​IMG]

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report! Issue #63979

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.