1. We have a QA initiative where we work with the community more closely than ever to get your bug reports into the hands of the developers. Please use this forum for LIVE Server bug reporting. Do follow the format below, because it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, it's possible your bug report will be misinterpreted, or worse, lost!

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Only reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug. ALL extraneous commentary will be deleted to avoid cluttering the reports.
    • Keep your bug report short and factual.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    Bug Report Template
    1. Title:
    2. Reproduction Rate:
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs:
    To get started, use /bug in-game (/devbug if on QA) to auto-create this template. It will even auto-fill some of the required information and open the browser for you. Then take the information that was just saved to your system's clipboard and paste it into a new QA forum post. Thank you bug hunters!
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Obsidian Plate Armor

Discussion in 'Release 59 Feedback' started by disorder, Nov 7, 2018.

1. disorder

disorder Avatar

One of the latest releases made Obsidian Plate Armor no longer dye-able.

Didn't think much of it at the time, but I just crafted myself a new set of legs, and now I am having this problem:

[​IMG]

I cant make my set look the same anymore.

Its pretty annoying! :)

Please fix, I really can't afford to craft an entire new set!!

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Brigade – Bug Hunter

@disorder, plate is not supposed to be dyeable, but you ARE showing a bug. the obsidian armor is supposed to be black by default, so your legs are showing the wrong artwork.

3. disorder

disorder Avatar

Nope, all my other pieces are dyed with Dark Grey dye in a Previous release. The legs are the natural colour of Obsidian Plate.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Brigade – Bug Hunter

Senash Kasigal likes this.
  5. disorder

disorder Avatar

How can I make you believe that I dyed my armor in a previous release?

This maybe?

[​IMG]

That is aether dye. I believe this is why they changed the Obsidian Armor to be non dye-able.

I hated it, dyed it all Dark Grey. It looked (and still looks) a lot darker than regular obsidian plate.

I can assure you the legs are the default obsidian plate colour and the rest is dyed.

I know they made the change, but dye was not removed from any obsidian plate it was already applied to - and I cannot use dye remover.

6. disorder

disorder Avatar

I just made a new set of gloves that I hope further highlights how my old set of armor still has the dye applied to it that I put on in a previous release:

[​IMG]

7. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

If they are hung up on permeability being a requirement for dye-able things then make lacquers crafted from dyes that can be applied to metal and leather armors