Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Obsidian Trials - Three Thumbs Up!

Discussion in 'Release 56 Feedback' started by Lao Tzu, Jul 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lao Tzu

Lao Tzu Avatar

Kudos to @Vas Corp Por for designing this great zone! It's the most fun I've had PvPing in a LONG time.

One suggestion though: Maybe have multiple rooms for different adventurer levels. It's not as fun for players who are completely outmatched by the big dogs. Sure, capping adventurer level and skill levels would be one way to accomplish this goal. But so much of high-end PvP is dependent on crafting top gear and refining decks (not to mention familiarity with the user interface) that it would still be discouraging for players newer to PvP.

I'm not sure the best way to implement this idea. The player pool is still a bit shallow to divide it between multiple rooms. Perhaps you could split the zone into multiple instances based on the number of players who start in the teleporter room. For example, there would be just one big instance for 19 or less players. If there are 20-29, split the player into two instances based on adventurer level (those in the top half in one instance, those in the bottom half in another). With 30-39, split into three. Or maybe you could just split the zone into sections with barriers between them if multiple instances aren't practical.

I know it's early days of improving the PvP system. Perhaps the Castle Defense Scenarios will address some of these issues. But there ought to be some way of allowing newer players to fight against each other without being dropped in the deep end of the PvP pool. Constructive feedback is welcome!

- Lao Tzu

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    Gix, Dhanas and Feeyo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.