Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Obsidian wolves not fighting back.

Discussion in 'Release 31 Feedback Forum' started by Gramps, Jun 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lagerfeld

Lagerfeld Avatar

I was hoping this would be addressed in 440, but the wolves still run. I understand the intended 'pack' behavior, but it's clearly not working as intended. As someone already mentioned, Deep Ravenswood is teeming with wolves and in spite of their vast numbers, they run! And then they hide... in the trees so you can't usually attack them. Even if you can attack and kill them, you can't always get to the corpse to skin it.

Solazur, agra and Fister Magee like this.
  2. Gramps

Gramps Avatar

Totally ruined the game for me. Won't log back in until after wipe to see if they fix the wrong. If not by then I just wont play the game any more. I hated having to chase down the skellys to kill them and I certainly don't like this. It's even worse than the skellys (Archers and Mages) in a constant run but the wolves even run out of bounds where you can't fight them or you can't loot them if you are able to kill.
    My last resort will be once the game goes live. If this is the way its going to be, well.... there are other games to play.

agra and Dariog like this.
  3. Dariog

Dariog Avatar

I completely understand that feeling, Gramps. I've had several friends tell me they will also quit playing because of this. Even though I plan to stay with it, this does diminish my enjoyment of the game significantly. There's really nothing more I have to say about it, except that I hope the developers will reverse this change or at least greatly modify it.

Ice Queen likes this.
  4. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

All this prevents is easy leveling by the mobs gathering around you. Once the bugs of them running into the bushes is fixed, I think this will be a good feature with the wild animals.

If you still want easy mobs (that is, ones that surround you and provide no challenge) there are undead or humans that offer some of that swarming you miss, but they are also a bit smarter of course ;)

Anyone complaining about it must use the old behavior to their advantage.. well why not learn how to chase or take on moving targets? ;) I think putting them back to the old way makes it too easy, and almost like setting up targets in a row, pointless and too easy imo.

This is a good thing, once the kinks are worked out.

5. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

As this thread is delving into the realm of feedback, I'm going to move it to the appropriate forum, lest is languish in my land of bugs.

Kara Brae and Fister Magee like this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I have to say that I really like how creatures don't just always automatically attack me. It seems logical that say a lone wolf will run away from me but would be much more likely to attack if other wolves are nearby.

Fister Magee likes this.
  7. agra

agra Avatar

I understand the desire, but it should be changed so that once engaged, that is, damaged via ranged, they turn, run to you, and attack you directly and immediately, unless they have ranged attacks (like mages and archers) in which case they should turn, run towards you, and attack you once they're in range.
    This constant running away is ridiculous. It makes combat look broken.

Dariog likes this.
  8. Scrambler

Scrambler Developer Emeritus

By looking into Ulfheim we found the tree line problem. We're rebuilding navmesh on 100+ scenes where the treeline and marsh blockers were blocking the player but not npcs. So next release those will be fixed up. I really appreciate folks pointing out problem areas so we can zero in on what the cause is.

I fixed the bug that was preventing creatures from defending themselves once you hit them. It'll be in the next patch 442. It *should* have been like that all along.

We need to tune creatures quite a bit yet, especially wolves.

9. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Hmm... Looks like I might not need to try to craft a pork chop necklace to get the wolves to approach me then.

Acred and Dariog like this.
  10. Dariog

Dariog Avatar

The wolves now attack if attacked. Thanks, it's a great improvement.

Acred likes this.
  11. Gramps

Gramps Avatar

That's a step forward

12. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Now we're back to 1st down :) Let's gain more yards!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.