Off-hand Orb Artifacts

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Kelanor, Jul 18, 2023.

1. Kelanor

Kelanor Avatar

The off-hand orb artifacts like Gaia's Heart and Frozen Tear of Titans, there isn't a whole lot of incentive to use them vs a two handed weapon.

Example: I have a two handed sword of greater gaiaism (+50 earth attunement) that does double the damage and gives double the bonus of using a one handed sword and a a Gaia's Heart. (The one i have gives +15 earth attunement.)

So not only do you do half the damage from the one handed weapon, but i have less than 1/3 of the bonus.
    I feel like the off-hand orbs would feel alot more wanted if they pushed your character to be a little bit more on par with using a two handed variety. Maybe more attunement to make it worth it?

Beaumaris likes this.
  2. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

You don't seem to be comparing apples to apples. For your sword to have +50 you needed to use two imbued attunement gems in it so that is as much attunement as the sword can get. Instead of comparing it to an uncommon orb you should be comparing it to an epic Gaia's Heart that has been socketed with a regular gem. That would have 40 earth attunement (plus 25 attunement for your one handed sword). And in addition to having more attunement that offhand strengthens the earth elemental and reduces fizzle. Even your uncommon offhand can give 25 attunement if you socket it which along with a proper one handed sword matches the attunement and gives the other benefits.

There are other benefits to using a two handed weapon of course and so you may prefer it over the offhand but I think you were missing things in your comparison.

3. Kelanor

Kelanor Avatar

You might be right. Since i'm not a crafter i don't really see comparisons like that. I just see the raw items on sale that just seem mismatched in power.