Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Offline Companions

Discussion in 'Release 52 Feedback Forum' started by Bowen Bloodgood, Apr 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

that seems to be the same numbers as the elementals do you can summon.....a nuisance to the enemys but not really helpful..

2. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

What sad news! I was looking forward to starting an offline game, but I need the companions to be like playing with real players in the online game. I need them to have my back and help me win fights I can‘t win alone. Please @Lum the Mad fix this and make the companions worth having.

discipleofweb likes this.
  3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I personally am less concerned about damage output than survivability. But then again it would be pretty hard to hunt bosses solo offline for most people without adequate assistance. Could you imagine trying to hunt a dragon with these companions as is? Not happening. That is of course contingent on the player being of sufficient level. You don't want them completely overpowering from the start.

Which reminds me, one of the things I always enjoyed from Ultima was building up the companions.. managing their gear and their stats as they leveled up and basically tailoring their abilities (to a degree) to suit my play style.

Spoon likes this.
  4. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

This Thread is making me sad. In my opinion, if the companions aren't viable, then the game isn't done. I started my offline game Friday night, I guess I'll go back to The Witcher 3 for a while

5. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

If the companions cannot help you kill a dragon in offline mode - they are worthless. Simple as that. Then we need a 4th uber companion that is unlocked once you have completed and received your shroud in offline only.

6. smack

smack Avatar

Not only that, but their full conversations aren't in yet. Plus, they don't seem to remember their follow distance. I have to keep putting them on "Follow Far" since anything else and they get in the way.

7. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

There's a follow distance? I keep having to wait for them to catch up. Run 20 feet ahead and they fall behind.

8. smack

smack Avatar

Well it won't help with their running speed, even at a 1.5x leash if you get to far. I guess they should increase their running speed too.

But I use their follow distance to keep them away otherwise they get in the way with interactive objects / looting. Right click on them and you can set their follow distance (close, near, far) and disposition (aggressive, defensive, passive). It looks like when they die, their disposition is remembered but not their follow distance.

9. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

well doesn't sound like much point in setting follow distance then. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.