Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Offline: Multiple character slots in offline games share rewards?

Discussion in 'Release 56 QA Feedback' started by Kara Brae, Jul 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Recently someone asked in the forum if rewards you claim with one offline character will still be available if you create a new game with a new offline character. I can't find that post, but I just tried it out on QA.

I loaded an offline game that I had created in a previous QA build. That character never made it out of Blood River Outskirts.

I took her to Aerie and claimed rewards in my bank account. There I saw that all the lot deeds and a cabinet were gone that I had claimed with a different offline character on the live server.

Assuming that the missing lot deeds weren't a bug, it was very disappointing. If I start a new offline game with a completely new character I would like to be able to really start over and have all my rewards at my disposal for that new game.

Jaesun likes this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

That was me who was asking. I was thinking of just messing around in SP mode, but I was extremely hesitant to click on that Claim Rewards button, because what would happen if I possibly lost my save game? The risk of loosing all that was very concerning.

It should be available to any character made in SP mode, as I can’t see that in any way exploitable.

Kara Brae likes this.
  3. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

I had to restart in offline mode from last year due to bugs and was able to claim the rewards again.

The game auto saves when you quit, you can make backup saves if you need to do so.

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Define restart. Did you like create a new character? And only one character? Did you delete the old character and create a new one?

5. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Yes, I deleted the old character, started a new one and I claimed rewards once I got to where I wanted to place the house - Brittany Fields.

Jaesun likes this.
  6. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I think that even though it isn't stated as such, the offline rewards are claimable once per "world". If you were to blow away your save file, the new offline game would be able to claim account rewards again. Perhaps this is done by deleting all characters, as implied above. Can someone confirm this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.