Offline Play, Crown Shop Purchase Q+A

Discussion in 'Crown Store' started by Time Lord, Sep 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I decided to checkout the state of our Offline SOTA today:

I haven't played Offline SOTA for about a year+.

• No player towns, yet when I claimed my rewards (linked my account with my offline play), I found that I had all the pieces (lot markers and such) to my POTs, but no POTs. I read somewhere they just couldn't do it with POTs Offline, "yet I still got all that POT stuff placed into my bank account" o_O Not complaining, it just seems odd if we are to not have Offline POTs, why have all the POT accessories provided?

• I also found that many of the items I purchased from the "Crown Store" were not in my bank, yet other things purchased before, from "The Add-On Store" were there. Yet I also had a total of 269,750 Crowns in my Offline Rewards.
    • Question: "If I spend those Crowns in the Offline Crown Store, then what happens if/when I delete my current Offline Game? Do I get those Crown's purchasing power back again? Or... are they then gone?"
    • Example: If I upgrade my land deeds in Offline Play and then delete that particular game, do those deeds remain upgraded, or revert back to their original state with the Crowns spent being returned to that same 269,750 Crown amount?

Offline COTO purchasing power is a very nice accessory and perk to Offline Play and Offline Play comes in quite handy when it comes to loosing internet connection, like when it's the rainy season here in Thailand or when my local tree squirrel decides to turn my internet cable into his lunch.

~Time Lord~:)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    Violet Ronso likes this.
  2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

It appears as if COTO Offline are sort of a way to reward the player who plays offline, through using the COTO shop as a sort of open toy box, where permission to buy depends on how much you spent (backing the game) in the Online COTO shop in real money, as well as effort placed into Offline Play. COTO seem more easy to get through adventuring there, but Adventure COTO gained, may not be used for Online Play. Offline Play is a sort of one way street in that regard. Yet anything spent in the Online COTO Shop for real money, lasts forever in Offline Play to be used again and again.

Each time a player restarts or replays a certain saved game, the same Offline COTO buying power is restored to it's original values.

• I'm still uncertain why the POT assets are provided, as they cannot seem to be used in Offline Play in any way.

It would appear also, that Offline Play of SOTA, has no meaningful forum support in the way of players. I personally play both Online as well as Offline for anyone wishing to have discussion in anything about it. I will look forward to gaining "The Companions" within Offline Play, if those were ever finished being programmed into the Offline Game.

• Has anyone reading this ever accomplished meeting one of the AI Companions?
    • If so, is there any meaningful fun play in them or are they difficult to deal with?

"Owner and Resident of most of Offline Kingsport" LOL
    (also Online Owner Operator of "The Time Tunnel", comfortably nested in the Ever Wonderful City of "Wizard's Rest")
    ~Time Lord~:D

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  3. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

I can't find any stores in offline where I can actually spend all the COTOs I've accumulated. Help?

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Move mouse to top right of screen.

Click here:

[​IMG]

DalTXColtsFan and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.