Ok my feedback so far, and some questions

Discussion in 'New Player Experience Feedback' started by chibi2k, Jul 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chibi2k

chibi2k Avatar

Hi there.

So I think I am done with testing the features before hibernating till the final wipe. Here is my feedback, experience sofar.

1.) General feel about looks/movement/scenes

The graphics are goood enough, the movement especially in combat feels fluid to me. Of course with the exception of jumping, which is sooooo wonky. The scenes are quite enjoyable and everything not player made feels very good and authentic. But seeing the player lots in for example in Soltown.. it is weird. You wouldn't expect such buildings in a small village. It took me a few minutes to figure out what was NPC and what was PC stuff.

Scenes have a reasonable size. They look great. Allthogu in my first few minutes I was confused where to go to farm stuff. I didn't grasp the skull system on entry at first and that made it hard to find a good map for me.

2.) Loading screens/overworld map

The loadings times... well for my taste, they are taking too damn long. I spent so much time in loading screens - especially after the maaany crashes - it's kind of annoying. I am now living in Brittany Alleys and I shiver when thinking about buying resources for crafting.

The overworld map does its job, I have no problem with it. It feels a bit empty thoug.

3.) Combat

The combat feels fluid. It is far less stressing compared to other games. I really enjoy that. The available weapons/magic is realy good, allthioug i only used heal and light spells. I am not a mage. The animation feel good and represant what I would expect from a move, the animationlinking needs a bit finetuning though.

4.) Harvesting

I enjoy the harvesting part - after I figured out what nodes look like, that took me a little while. It does everything I expect from resource collection. Well done.

5.) Crafting

The crafting is really satisfying. I feel that there is a lot to craft and the resoruces needed is reasonably. With the assumption that we will get a LOT more crafting stuff I really look forward to craft my socks off.

The recipe system is really neat. I can buy recipes if I wish, but I can also explore. Neat. The recipe journal is a bit confusing, in the sense that I would love to not have to click each recipe category, but get a whole list with a summary of all recipes I currently know.

6.) Housing

I am a ancestor pledger. And from the 15% bonus I bought me a nice cellar too. I love housing in this game. It's not cheap - ingame and outgame wise - but I love the freedom with how the inside looks like. The outside is.. well I have a stone house next to what feels like 50000 other stone houses - I gues thats Brittany alley atm in a nutshell- that feels a little factory like. More houses would be neat.

But on the inside I can do what I want. And there is tons of deco - lovely!

Unfortunatly the cellar is a own scene. I wanted to build my crafting stations down there, since I got more space under tha overground but facing a loading screen each time I want to craft..

7.) Talking to npcs / social interaction

I like the dialogue system with the npcs. Its really something different having npcs interacting with me. Lovely. I have trouble identifying npcs which have something important to say. They all look the same. A little more diversion in npc looks is a must.

Unfortunatly I couldn't test out the social features as well yet. Most people I saw on the map or in scenes just ignored me. But I will test that out, once the game is live

8.) Bugs / annoying things

Ok so now my absolute biggest complaint. I run 2 monitors, one with 1920x1080 (144hz) one with 1680x1050 (60hz). The game starts in my secondary monitor. Its annoying as hell. Why on earth is this a thing? And theres no way to move it to my primary?! Annoying as hell.

And then there is constant crashing mostly in loading screens. When I leave Rats Nest Mine there is a 75% chance the game crashes. And the game crashes in scens from time to time. I hope that gets fixed soon. And no I dont use cloth armor at all.

When I choose to not use the action mode I still have a crosshair with the addition to the now visible mouse. Additonally I can't identify clickable objects nearly as well, because I no longer get a color hint. I don't like playing in the action mode, I'd rather play with a good non action mode.

Now for some questions:

1.) NPC Vendor

I searched a bit and what I got was that a non pledge npc vendor is not currently available. Will it be after the wipe? How much will it cost? What will the taxes be like?

2.) Land rush

So I am in group 90. Lets propose I wanted to join a POT. Could I get in there from day one? From what I understand the land rush is for PRT/NPC cities only.

3.) Are the only crafting vendors located in Owl's Head and Ardoris?

4.) Respawn

How long does it take for monsters / nodes to respawn? Do they respawn when I am IN the zone?
    DO I have to leave/reenter?

Well thats all for now

Have a great day!

Edit: I think I accidentally duped obsidian crowns I have around 20 in my bank. but I should only have 5...

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  2. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Great feedback!

3. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

How long does it take for monsters / nodes to respawn? Do they respawn when I am IN the zone?
    DO I have to leave/reenter?

I have seen that in larger groups things re spawn quicker . Even in the mines. Nodes do re spawn just not very fast. Some mobs especially the high level ones are on different timers. So the answer to that questions is it depends on the mob you are killing.

4. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

1) They have disclosed the details on in-game player vendor yet. My hunch is that adding item to the vendor may cost about the same as using a public vendor. No idea on the price on obtaining the vendor itself, though.
    2) The lot selection process is the "who goes first" based on pledge level and pledge amount. It does not factor in where the person would choose to claim the lot. So even if you want to place a lot in POT, you will still have to wait for your turn.
    3) There are crafting vendors at most of crafting pavilions as far as I know.
    4) I tried to time it, but it seems to be random and varied by locations.

Acred likes this.
  5. chibi2k

chibi2k Avatar

Ah okay. Thanks for all of your replies!

Acred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.