ok, what is your age! Looking for demographic of average forum user.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sold and gone, Dec 28, 2015.

?

What is your age group?

1. 15-20

2. 21-25

3. 26-30

4. 31-35

5. 36-40

6. 40-45

7. 46-50

8. 51-55

9. 56-60

10. 61-65

11. 66-70

12. 71+

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

A lot of people think that certain cars are "young" people cars... like say a Honda Civic. This is true! But the average age of an new Honda Civic owner is in their 40's. People think of Buick as a an older persons car and its true, the average age of a new Cadillac owner in say 2005 was 80 something years old. Why? Because they have the money!

We need Pol to reach out somehow to the younger crowd when they do start advertising. I would suggest hiring Bernie Sanders.... He's one of the few people I have seen successful in doing so in a long time but it might involve offering a lot of free stuff (don't get me wrong, I like Bernie... But its still true lol) :)

Maybe the fact that it kinda is a more modern version of Mindcraft!

Leelu likes this.
  2. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

In one of the early releases (R5?), I remember seeing two jokers trying to stop me from exiting Kingsport. There was no stealing and I don't think there was even PvP, or any sort of useful combat or something of that nature, and it basically boiled down to them trying to threaten me to give up the goods. You couldn't just drop stuff on the floor, and I don't think trading was even implemented, so any kind of "deal" would mean finding a nearby chest laying around the city, putting an item in, closing the chest, and then having them do the same to fish it out.

But I was having none of that and disapproved of their unvirtuous ways and told them rightly so, and that conversation lasted 5 minutes or so before I went on my way with a huff.

It's stuck in my memory, and now that I look at this poll, I have to wonder what are the chances that, even though they appeared so, that they were at the younger end of the spectrum? I'm approaching 34, and these guys were doing a truly excellent job in roleplaying their vices as I was roleplaying my virtues. Better than the best pirate I've seen around in Buccaneer's Den.

3. Olddog

Olddog Avatar

67 ftw

Sir Cabirus and Leelu like this.
  4. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

You old fogies

Leelu, argyle and Quenton like this.
  5. Sir Cabirus

Sir Cabirus Avatar

Finally someone who is older than I ;)

Leelu likes this.
  6. fattymoomooman

fattymoomooman Avatar

46, though I am trying to convince my soon to be 69 year old father to play SOTA (he is an OAP WoW player). My 22 year old nephew also has a SOTA account which I helped him upgrade so that would be 3 generations of the family playing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.